Author Topic: One minute silence on Saturday?  (Read 5069 times)

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
One minute silence on Saturday?
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:29:58 PM »
Saturday will see the 9th anniversary of the tragedy that happened in New York in 2001.

Will the club be having a one minutes' silence before kick off?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: One minute silence on Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:00:02 PM »
Sooner see the Americans sorting out the idiot who's going to burn the Koran!!!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 08:39:50 PM »
I was driving from Kent into London when I first heard the news on the radio...by the time I got there the second tower had dropped, I'll remember that day for the rest of my life.

Bob Lee

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 10:33:05 PM »
I remember watching it unfold.  I had a sence of impending doom.  What kind of people justify killing innocent people like that?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 07:59:26 AM »
Unfortunately the very same Yanks that want a minute's silence have been killing innocents for decades .....

Only one country has dropped an atomic bomb, only one country has routinely destroyed democracies as part of its foreign policy, only one country has supported a regime with more outstanding United Nations resolutions against than Iran and Iraq put together, only one country has so much invested in the weapons industry it is in its economic interest to create wars ......only one country has such little world knowledge yet its policies dominate the world - it is truly scary.  :-X

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 09:04:45 AM »
I've been to the USA and a nicer, more polite people you would struggle to meet. Sadly, the people that run the country are a load of wankers. Run by greedy bastards that don't give a flying fook about anyone but themselves.
Now i'm not a 'conspiracy theory' freak but i wouldn't put it past some fooker to have staged the twin towers, just to start all this shit.

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 09:10:43 AM »
Unfortunately the very same Yanks that want a minute's silence have been killing innocents for decades .....

Only one country has dropped an atomic bomb, only one country has routinely destroyed democracies as part of its foreign policy, only one country has supported a regime with more outstanding United Nations resolutions against than Iran and Iraq put together, only one country has so much invested in the weapons industry it is in its economic interest to create wars ......only one country has such little world knowledge yet its policies dominate the world - it is truly scary.  :-X
Spot on Dubai camel-100% agree with you.

Bob Lee

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 11:00:20 AM »
I've been to the USA and a nicer, more polite people you would struggle to meet. Sadly, the people that run the country are a load of wankers. Run by greedy bastards that don't give a flying fook about anyone but themselves.
Now i'm not a 'conspiracy theory' freak but i wouldn't put it past some fooker to have staged the twin towers, just to start all this shit.

check the grassy knoll

Don't get me going :(  You are right one or two things do not add up.

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 11:39:02 AM »

What the hell has any of that got to do with the thousands of people that were murdered?

All I was suggesting was that we pay a little respect to the 2752 average Joe's - people like you and me - who were going about their day and were butchered simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And if you want a history lesson, I suggest you read up on British Colonialism. We weren't exactly angels, you know. For example, who do you think it was that taught the indigenious Americans how to scalp their victims?

Christ, I never meant to start a political debate. All I suggested was a little moment for everyday people.

I meant no offence nor wanted to start anything touchy. My apologies if you think otherwise.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 12:05:06 PM »
Just because we didn't have a mins silence,  doesn't mean, I or others didn't think about all those poor people that lost their lives on that very sad day.
As i've said, i've nothing against the 'ordinary' people of the USA. It's the leaders and the greedy bankers and the way it's run that i have a problem with.

The richest country in the world and still people live in shit. Instead of worrying about the rest of the world, they should look after their own.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and gravy
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 06:09:43 AM »
Plastic Yank - I know you did not mean offence - none taken.

Just that USA expects everyone to rally round when an act of terrorism befalls its nation ...... yet it does little to support others unless it suits. Hell Noraid actively supported the IRA during its terrorist campaign in Britain... Those murdered on 9/11 will always be remembered, but a minutes silence around the world I do not think is appropriate.

I am well aware of British colonial history ...... right now it is the American 'colonial' period.... and next the Chinese 'colonial' period.