Author Topic: Vs Lincoln  (Read 23147 times)

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Lincoln
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 09:23:05 PM »
Another new face

Lee Askham http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFEnJRtR2t4

and what the chuff does Pele know about football he's playing at a Unidump club now !
http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~1167965,00.html
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:54:10 PM by Sussex Pilgrim »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »
Murray was close to joining us last year wasn't he?  
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 10:43:05 PM »
Does anyone know why Kirk was,nt playing ?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »
ill i think

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 11:33:02 PM »
Was a typical pre season affair, but a good workout none the less. To be fair Lincoln looked just that bit quicker than us and a bit cleverer on the ball, and towards the end you could see the difference in fitness that you would expect between a full time team and a part time team. We looked a bit disjointed at times which is to be expected from a complete new team playing together for the first time, we also looked a little toothless in attack. Not being negative just trying to look at the game in perspective.

Having said all that on the positive side I can only remember 2 or 3 times when they unlocked our defence but each time they failed to score. Stand out performance for me was, despite all the new players, Liam Parker. Cullingworth also had a very good game and these 2 impressed me the most, although I don't think there was a bad performance from any player. Big surprise seeing Dorothy back minus the red boots, even bigger surprise was the effort he put in and I think well worth another look. Very happy with the effort from all the players which was in marked contrast to last year. We're not going to play anything like the standard of Lincoln in the Unibond so to not look out of our depth bodes well for the coming season and I am cautiously optimistic.

Not sure if it's true but was told the mystery player was Danny Sleath (who we had on loan under TT). Great crowd for a friendly as well, circa 200 from Lincoln in the 950 total crowd.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 01:17:43 AM »
 was danny sleath

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 05:47:26 AM »
Who was the lad who wore the number 11 shirt in the first half?

check the grassy knoll.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
Lee Askham
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 10:40:54 AM »
For a first run-out I was reasonably impressed.Thought Canners & Pearson looked decent together and the right back,Woods played well.Enough seen to be cautiously optomistic.There is more to come I am sure.Some of the trialists may make it,others won't.Thought King did O.K. considering he played the night before for Accrington.

Quote today from Hursty in todays(Thursday) Echo:
   "The phone is still ringing with trialists wanting a game,and we'll be looking at some more options through the pre-season."

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »
i thought that pembleton that came on 2nd half in midfield wasnt half bad

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »
King looked like a player who is after a contract last night, he was not the same player that turned out for us last year, very impressed.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 12:34:12 PM »
As good as he looked last night you have to question the fact that when the chips are down (end of last season) he looked less interested than Tony 'The Crane' Crane does when faced with a side salad.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »
you got that pen uploaded yet

Seenbetter

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 01:29:42 PM »
So, an estimate of between 100 and 120 visiting supporters. I think there were about 400 but 250 were stuck in the function suite waiting to be served. A tip for the management, get the beer out quicker and people will have time for a second, and the club will profit. You are not serving customers in the White Hart who are in no hurry. I think you know that more bar staff will be needed when the club is really busy. Last season the staff worked their butts off to get people served and sometimes had 3 or 4 glasses at a time being filled. Oh yes, and look at the customers so that folks who just happen to walk into a space at the bar don't get served before the ones who have been waiting. Justifiable moan I think especially as the management has had previous bar experience.  Things will get better I'm sure but be careful you don't lose customers to pubs in the area. Nice drop of ale though.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »
mate told me it was slow.what ale they selling