Author Topic: Todays updates  (Read 6341 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays updates
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 09:11:01 PM »
A few more pics more to follow.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »
A few more pics.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:41:22 PM by Ken Fox »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 11:25:21 AM »
No excuses, we were quite poor going forward, but the grass was quite deceptively long. Not as long as at Prescot the other year though! The pitch looked good, nice and green, but any lofted balls seems to lose bounce.

Spencer should have slotted in an open goal from an angle, and Sleath had a great chance at the end. On another day, we have nicked it - then again, so could they!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Seenbetter

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 11:37:06 AM »
The 'Boy in Fancy Dress' should have gone to a McDonalds kiddies party. I wonder if his parents knew he wasn't at home playing with his Subueto(memory lapse, forgotten how to spell it. An age thing you know). He was bloody awful. If he had any idea about controlling a mans game he wouldn't have had Scott on his back. Most times Scott gets into trouble with officials it's because they are not doing the job properly(and I dont mean just from Bostons point of view). He was totally incompetent and should look for something else to do to satisfy his personal ego on a Saturday afternoon. How he missed that blatant handball in the penalty area for us near the end I will never know.
Rant over. Bye everyone.
Ps. 0.0 was a fare result at the end of the day. Thats two consecutive games we have played that are very different to the previous games.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 07:04:11 PM »
Not many comments on yesterday, here's my twopeneth fwiw. Was a poor game for the first 70-75 minutes between 2 poor sides. Last 15-20 when SWD and then Miles came on we actually looked like our normal selves and could have won the game in those last few minutes, SWD missing an open goal from a tight angle and Sleath having a 1 on 1 with the keeper who smothered his shot. Should have had 2 pens as well, 1 clear hand ball and also a tug on Miles shirt, again clear as you could see his shirt tightening. Ref was atrocious all game as has been said.

Would of been more than we deserved though and 0-0 was about right. As for Jason Lee still unsure about him, he played really well for the first 45 winning a lot of headers, only trouble was he gave away just as many free kicks. Second half he was anonymous and really should of been subbed after an hour. I would say we need to either have him on the bench to throw on for the last half hour or start him for an hour then replace as it was obvious he was struggling to complete the full 90.

Still not a bad point they are well organised and on that performance are going to be a hard team to beat and should beat the drop. We're not going to win them all or play spectacular football every game, so to play badly and still pick up a point on the road is not to be sniffed at.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 08:20:11 PM »
What he said really.

Played poorly and weren't as good as has become the norm but Lee was cracking first half and looks a good addition to our ammo.

My only downside to him joining us is that he is too good in the air and infact took everything in the air so poor old Pearson didn't get a look in at the corners etc.  Shaun needs to still be the one we look for as it stood us ok for the first two months.

If you look at the sides Vauxhall have faced they have had a rotten start and will now start to play teams lower down.  They'll be fine, not sure how on what looked like 25 home fans as a few kids paid entrance, but they have some handy players and will out muscle some of the weaker teams.

Hated it as an away day, bugga all atmosphere, long way from home and felt like I was watching my side at a local pub ground.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.