Author Topic: The standard of refereeing.  (Read 4410 times)

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
The standard of refereeing.
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »
OK, I realise that you are allocated referees according to the level and standard of football you are playing in. I realise that this means at this tier of football, it means we will not see perfectly accurate decisions made by the officials.

But this is way past a joke. Everyone in the ground saw the tackle on the halfway line near Spayne Road. Everyone knew it was a yellow card. Did the linesman bottle the decision or was the referee too weak to administer some justice?

Furthermore, how come it's ok for the Nuneaton keeper to make a sandwich and wash his cucumber before taking a goal kick, whereas today, the referee damn near started crying and soiling himself when our keeper didn't get the ball to the 6 yard line within .05 seconds of it going out for a goal kick?

These are just 2 of several appalling decisions today. The linesman on the Spayne Road side even shrugged his shoulders and made a "dunno" gesture when the referee and he didn't agree on a call.

The inconsistency in official at this level of football is shocking. Poor decisions, officials having problems keeping up with play - are they unfit? - and shocking rule administration.

I thought officals all read from the same rule book?

Terrible. Truly terrible.

and all this after a game we WON!

Rant over, you can stop flinching now.  ;)   :-*
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 06:51:17 PM by Plastic Yank »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The standard of refereeing.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:08:54 PM »
The lini did see the challange and flagged it, the lino didnt look at him to see it, in truth the lino made several good calls that was missed by the fact the ref didnt realise we had linesmen.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 07:09:45 PM »
I couldnt get to the game today but from what ive seen so far this season the refs have been better than last season, I actually get the feeling that they have the game under control. However a retarded baboon with syphilis could perform better than uniDump officials.

But yes, you are largely correct when you say that the further down the pyramid you go the worse the refereeing gets, but you have to remember that being a referee is perhaps the least attractive job in football, and I would never ever be a ref, just because of the sheer amount of abuse they get, especially in smaller grounds, when you can hear every insult.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:17:24 PM »
Agree with BG the refs have been a massive improvement on last seasons...however todays was ref was shocking. As has been said missed the lino flagging several times for fouls etc. He also missed the lino flagging both times for our 2 subs and they both had to wait to come on. Booked Canners for what I assume was kicking the ball away when he kicked it sidewards against the advertisement hoardings. Should of sent their player off for the 2 footed lunge from behind on Church. The list could go on and on. A complete waste of space today and he shouldn't have had any lino's today as he didn't use them once.

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »
Didn't see today's game but generally I think referees are made far more important than they need to be by managers and fans.

Many managers use them as an excuse to deflect from a bad performance.

One thing I love about Rob and Paul is they hardly ever mention the referees in their interviews.

Swampy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 11:38:55 PM »
What i find so frustrating is the referee pointing in the direction each decision is going and then the lino flagging! What is the point of having a lino?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 05:58:27 AM »
The guy running the line on the Spain road side was quite funny. I was standing against the touchline, the guy was talking all the time. Some bloke stood in the stand was having a go at him all match, all i can say is, his language was 'colourful' At first the lino just laughed it off and put his hand against his mouth, as if he was yawning. After more shouts from the stand i and others heard him say, 'shut the f##k up'  :D
He did though miss the bad challenge on Murphy, that challenge was a leg breaker and the number 9 should of walked.
Over all i thought it was a scrappy game, the ball spent a lot of time in the air but 3 points are 3 points.

Check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bob Lee

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 08:21:47 AM »
The same "bloke" was having a go at yates all match, and he aint an old bloke. >:(

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 09:43:55 AM »
He was stood behind me all match slagging everyone off why doesnt the stewards look out for this and have a word after all its ninety minutes worth not just the odd shout.

Bob Lee

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 11:24:15 AM »
He don't need a megaphone either, if you know what I mean ;)

yellowbelly04

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »
the officiating was at times comical.the three of them didn`t work well  together.
that`s no excuse however for a poor performance by the yellows.
keeper instills confidence but at times the back four looked a bit shaky.
there`s a lack of attacking options at full back,too little support given to semple and yates.
they often found themselves too isolated, having too much to do on their own.
both wingers had their moments and proved they can go past defenders but i agree with a previous
post in that in the second half yates was guilty of not driving into the space ahead of him.
i`ve got a stiff neck that`s for sure.at times the ball was treated like a piece of molten rock.it`s a good job
we are far enough away from raf coningsby otherwise air traffic control would have been on the blower
and shut us down.
spencer was brilliant.he works hard, doesn`t mind coming back for the ball,holds it up superbly and is able to
beat players.did i hear it wrong or did jellyman get man of the match? no way! ;)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »
He was stood behind me all match slagging everyone off why doesnt the stewards look out for this and have a word after all its ninety minutes worth not just the odd shout.

Some grounds that i have been to over the past 4 or 5 years would reject you from the ground if it was constain and contained over the top french, everyone as a right to opion but i have to agree these ppl are way out of line.