Author Topic: Vs Eastwood  (Read 9162 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
Re: Vs Eastwood
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 06:05:08 AM »
 Murphy any comments 2 passes to a yellow shirt in 95 mins shocking.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 08:32:31 AM »

Lifes too short to count centre halves passes.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 08:36:39 AM »
;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 09:41:13 AM »
Second game in three days might have something to do with it.Gareth Jellyman had a poor first half and Danny hardly won a header but a wins a win.

Just not very exciting often in the second half Yates didnt drive on into the space and we were narrow in the top third but a win is a win.

But as already mentioned in the past we would have drawn this type of game.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 06:06:44 AM »
Eastwood were not a bad side, their defenders were well drilled. The number 8 was a very busy little player and the number 11 was very tricky. For the first 15 mins they had us on the back foot and could have gone 1-0 up.
I still get the impression that not all supporters are happy though.   ::) What they have to remember is, not every winger or center forward will cross, win every header in the game. If they could and did, they'd not be playing at this level.  ;)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 07:01:44 AM »

any comments yet on bloomers 0 tackles in 90 minutes which allowed our team to destroy harrogate within the first half? do you have something against murphy? did he blank you when you clapped him before or something like that?

to be honest no one was brilliant on monday passes were going wayward from all players but 2 games in 3 days isn't easy and some players even have jobs inbetween games so its not easy.

how about giving murphy a chance, you seem like the sort of player who jumps on someones back just cause you dont like the look of the player

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 01:38:16 PM »
Eastwood were not a bad side, their defenders were well drilled. The number 8 was a very busy little player and the number 11 was very tricky. For the first 15 mins they had us on the back foot and could have gone 1-0 up.
I still get the impression that not all supporters are happy though.   ::) What they have to remember is, not every winger or center forward will cross, win every header in the game. If they could and did, they'd not be playing at this level.  ;)

check the grassy knoll
Can only speak for myself and not anyone else but I'm absolutely ecstatic about how well we have started and would take the same display as Monday as long as the result was the same in every game. For me it's not that I'm unhappy just being realistic that we won the game despite Eastwood being the better team and just discussing who played well and didn't.

My opinion is and always has been win as a team and lose as a team but if a player doesn't play well for a game or 2 then obviously as fans we'd want to see the managers change and give another member of the squad a chance.

That's how it's got to work else other members of the squad who aren't playing will get p*ssed off seeing players play badly and retain their place whilst they are not being given a chance to impress - this would lead to animosity in the changing room and players wanting to leave.

So for me on Saturday I'd give DD and Jelly a rest and start with Cully at left back and Miles/Newsham up front with SWD.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »
I think the starting pairing are down to fitness at the moment, with Suarez and Hunter injured and Newsham looking short of practice - he went down a couple of times after coming on against Eastwood.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »
I think the starting pairing are down to fitness at the moment, with Suarez and Hunter injured and Newsham looking short of practice - he went down a couple of times after coming on against Eastwood.
Is Hunter's injury bad enough to keep him out Saturday? Not been much said about what's up and how long he's been out. Agree about Newsh and the fact DD/SWD are there because they are the only fully fit strikers. Would still give Newsh a run out Saturday we can always bring Danny on if he's struggling.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
Is Hunter's injury bad enough to keep him out Saturday? Not been much said about what's up and how long he's been out. Agree about Newsh and the fact DD/SWD are there because they are the only fully fit strikers. Would still give Newsh a run out Saturday we can always bring Danny on if he's struggling.

From a valid source we gonna have some issues with hunter and is hamstring as its been common problem for him, but when fit he do more than anuth to make up for what he does miss