Author Topic: GOALS FROM MIDFIELD  (Read 3131 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
GOALS FROM MIDFIELD
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:17:45 PM »
Anyone noticed any difference in Churchs game , regarding the goals hes scored . We are playing the same way as last season, formation wise. Is the coaching different or is there just not much difference between this league and last years? or is he lucky at the moment

Bartmac

Re: GOALS FROM MIDFIELD
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 08:12:11 PM »
seems to be a natural goal scorer, 'nuff said.   Just hope he doesn't change the way he plays.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 09:08:31 AM »

The results we've had this season have been about team performances and not about the performances of individual players. If I was asked to single anybody out for performances so far this season, the like of Semple and Pearson would be ahead of Church. Let's be honest - at least half of Church's goals have been tap-ins - particularly the winner at Hinckley and the goal at Harrogate. (With Newsham having been injured though, I suppose we do need someone to take on that responsibility).

Incidentally, did Church really score at Harrogate? I thought Pearson's initial header had already crossed the line before Church touched it.

Rocking Rev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »
I seem to recall that on 'United Live' the goal was initially given to Church but then it was corrected to Pearson. Whatever the outcome Church has scored some important goals for this season from midfield which, with a player of his calibre always likely to grab a goal for you, takes the burden off the strikers.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »

The results we've had this season have been about team performances and not about the performances of individual players. If I was asked to single anybody out for performances so far this season, the like of Semple and Pearson would be ahead of Church. Let's be honest - at least half of Church's goals have been tap-ins - particularly the winner at Hinckley and the goal at Harrogate. (With Newsham having been injured though, I suppose we do need someone to take on that responsibility).

Incidentally, did Church really score at Harrogate? I thought Pearson's initial header had already crossed the line before Church touched it.

Theres seems to be doubt over church getting a touch at all.

chalker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 10:49:28 AM »
We credited Church with the goal originally. We then received a phonecall from behind the goal confirming Pearson's effort had gone straight in. However, doubt persisted and both players involved confirmed after the match that it was CHURCH who had scored.

Craig
BUFC