Author Topic: SHAMEFULL  (Read 11348 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SHAMEFULL
« on: August 24, 2010, 10:21:33 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOO.... Not boston united.

Just the disgracfull bunch who decided the team and mom announcement needed a booo.

Disgracfull we wasnt our best but we did okay. good turn out but im affraid after the year we have had those that decidded to boo the team  need to save a bit more next time and go watch a premiership team as it seems this is more for you. your completly disgracfull to your self.

Moan over.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: SHAMEFULL
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 10:27:54 PM »
We'll play worse and win.

It wasn't that we played badly, we just didn't get the bounce of the ball and Nuneaton's winner summed the night up.

We were worth a point tonight but got nothing, another day we'll get 3 points for doing half as much.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:30:07 PM »
Nuneaton where crap, they were like watching half the teams we suffered to have to watch in the unibond,
The feeling of robbed comes to me after that game

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:30:11 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOO.... Not boston united.

Just the disgracfull bunch who decided the team and mom announcement needed a booo.

Disgracfull we wasnt our best but we did okay. good turn out but im affraid after the year we have had those that decidded to boo the team  need to save a bit more next time and go watch a premiership team as it seems this is more for you. your completly disgracfull to your self.

Moan over.

For my part I wasn't booing Boston players and just the 8 at the back, park the bus, tactic deployed by Nuneaton this evening.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 10:33:43 PM »
i think we did okay. cant get over the ref missing the hand ball. even the nuneaten players started walking away thinking it was a free kick.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »
even before they scored their 1st you could see they were here to waste time.

1st loss at home in 2010, we'll bounce back have done before so don't see why not again.

ref - he got the piss took out of him 'nuff said.

also the boos ? didnt hear them myself but 1st loss at home in 2010 ? christ we've had it hard aint we.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:15:58 PM by Big-Tom »

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:47:08 PM »
Didn't hear them myself, thought we still got behind the team well even after we went behind. Boston weren't bad tonight, just wasn't our night. Nuneaton are a good side and will do well this year and are similar to us; hard working and play as a team. Only gripe tonight was the time wasting which started after their first goal, if the ref showed a bit of bottle and booked their 'keeper before half time they would have known were they stood instead of walking all over the spineless git. Despite my moan the ref wasn't the main reason we lost the game we weren't clinical enough with the final ball and when we were luck wasn't on our side. Hunter looked a real threat again tonight and got another goal. Still not sure about the 'keeper; his kicking was poor again and didn't communicate with his defence well enough. Hopefully we can get more points on the board again starting with Saturday.

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:13:35 PM »
The only boos i heard was aimed at nuneaton for timewasting and handball.boos aimed at the linesman we played good football in parts and we will get this out of the way and bounce back to winning ways.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
Iwould suspect the only booing was born out of frustration with the obvious time wasting,one of which coincided with mom annouincement.This result has put things into perspective which in a strange way kinda wont do us any harm,but im disappointed with the result.If Boston do away from home what Nuneaton did this evening with regards to parking a bus on the 18yard box we would consider that a great professional performance.Im more than pleased with Boston attitude but things just werent going for us, move onto Sat and Mon........UP THE PILGRIMS!!!....great crowd but Telford got 1900.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 11:24:24 PM »
I didn't hear the booing so can't comment on that. As for the match I thought we where below par tonight and the right team won. Nuneaton defended well and always looked a threat on the counter-attack where both their goals came from. Apart from that they didn't create a single goalscoring chance.

We had plenty of possession but I only counted 3 meaningful efforts, A great save by their keeper first half from Yates, another Yates effort that was a whisker away from going in in the first half and the goal second.

They reminded me very much of Retford last season without the physical stuff, very quick on the break, I expect them to gain plenty of points on the road but they may well struggle at home. They're a good side but we played into their hands a bit tonight committing too many forward for corners and free-kicks etc.

We'll learn from this it's great to win but learning from the defeats is just as important.

Beck Row

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 12:46:46 AM »
Nuneaton where crap, they were like watching half the teams we suffered to have to watch in the unibond,
The feeling of robbed comes to me after that game
Dont think they were crap at all.......nothing special, but well organised at the back and quick on the break. Reminded me a bit of Guiseley last year. Ok they were partial to the odd bit of time wasting, but they were in front away from home so it is to be expected. On another day we would have beaten them but most would have taken 4th in the league after 4 games so there wont be much sleep lost here tonight

Bob Lee

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 08:10:48 AM »
Am I the only one who thought that Nuneaton were one of the best teams to visit Boston in a long time?

I thought they were quicker and better organised.

I am taking nothing away from us, if we had more of the run of the ball we would have got something from the game.

I am going down the bookies and having a small bet on Nuneaton to win the league.

Their second goal involved about ten passes.

A very entertaining match, pity about the time wasting >:(

Seenbetter

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 08:56:25 AM »
Nuneatons Managers briefing overheared just before the game. "When Boston have the ball I want 10 men between them and our goal. Break quickly from defence when they lose possession. Waste as much time as possible, especially you in our goal, in order to slow them down. The ref wont be able to deal with time wasting properly cos he's a *osser. Job done".
Can't win em all. Got to lose sometime. they were an unknown quantity to us so next time we meet we will win.
We still have a great side which will do us proud. The crowd didn't look as big as the figures but I suppose all those little rugrats running around who lose interest in football because of their age and would rather play chasey put the number up. 

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 11:27:54 AM »
Spot on Bob thought it was just me for a minute. I thought Nuneaton were quality and back in the Red Cow in Fishtoft when the regular crowd got back there everyone agreed.Nuneaton pressed the ball at all times were quick and the second goal was quality if that was a premiershipmatch the replays would have been endless. On the night we just werent good enough Danny didnt hold the ball up tonight and we ended playing to many long balls into the channels.

However no complaints from me as it was a decent match, good standard, once again the lounge full of old faces so keep the faith.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 12:01:19 PM »
Can,t blame the teams for time wasting if the ref is prepared to have the micky took out of him for 90mins.  Think BOB LEE sums it up aptly . Hope you,ve been to the bookies BOB and got your money on Nuneaton , that will ruin their chances of winning the league.