Author Topic: Redditch Fans  (Read 5267 times)

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
Redditch Fans
« on: August 22, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it on here yet but the Redditch fans were wonderful.

I know we're all to busy getting carried away with the result but we should remember to say thank you for the contribution that their fans made.  They put on free food 'from their fans to ours' pre-game and during the game they never stopped singing, even when nine down.  Apparently they are a fan owned club with only fifteen thousand pounds of debt, a fantastic achievement for a club at this level.

So, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to all the Redditch fans yesterday, possibly the best fans I've ever met at an away game, and I'd also like to suggest a reduced entry fee for them when they play us at York St if possible.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: Redditch Fans
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »
Great shout.

Cardiff Pilgrim and I watched the game stood behind the dugouts so can confirm they kept singing all game long!  Good set of lads and they even had a version of greasy chip butty to call their own. 

amber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:32:47 AM »
Well said POB. I couldn't imagine many at York Street keeping up the good humour whilst being hammered 9-0.... AND they stayed till the end. Will be a long hard season for them, I wish them well, but fear they face relegation unless they can get some organisation into their defence.

4 4 2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »
Cheers guys, it's always good to get recognition from Away fans!
It's always tough when your town's population is around 100,00 and you only get 250 of them turning up to watch.
We have AFC Telford next saturday and i can't see many Redditch fans, apart from myself and the rest of the lads singing, attending it.

One again thanks for the comments there.

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »
Brilliant performance from the Redditch fans who were there.

Hope the team responds and ships many less next Saturday

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 01:11:54 PM »
I echo everything said on here and the Redditch fans never stopped singing (although not sure about your version of our, well Sheffield Utd's Annie's Song).

Good luck for the rest of the season

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 08:47:44 PM »
Well said POB and I was going to say something similar myself but seems everything has been covered. one thing I will add is Redditch United should be very proud to have such a great set of loyal fans and they themselves should be proud of the way they conducted themselves. Absolutely no animosity towards us despite them having to endure a 9-0 on their own muckhill.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
.Shout
A sound bunch of fans

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 12:56:14 PM »
Totally agree.  Not only did they stay until the end, they were still singing well after the final whistle as we were leaving the ground.

Nice to see some real supporters at a club that will be struggling again to stay in the division - hope the team can give them something to cheer about soon.

Does anyone know what if the player that was injured at the end of the game is OK - he was still being treated after everyone else had left the pitch.  Nothing too serious, I hope?

rawlings09

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 03:02:38 PM »

Does anyone know what if the player that was injured at the end of the game is OK - he was still being treated after everyone else had left the pitch.  Nothing too serious, I hope?

The player was Marco Adaggio, i think he twisted his ankle or landed akwardly on it but i'm not 100% sure, he will be out for two to three weeks.
Redditch United Fan