Author Topic: Magnificent - congratulations!  (Read 9832 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Magnificent - congratulations!
« on: August 21, 2010, 07:15:16 PM »
Well done to the entire team and every single player that is a part of it today, and the managers too. If we had lost 9-0 today there'd be a 5-page long match thread, so I guess it should work both ways.

I've never had so much confidence in our manager(s) at York Street before, and it's hard to criticise a single player at all, over the last season and a bit they've all made a very positive contribution to this club. The players are professional, sing from the same hymn sheet and have the right qualities to achieve the success they so richly deserve. We can play fantastic football, we can mix it with the dirty teams and we know how to win - home and away.

Add to all that the efficient and professional jobs done by staff behind the scenes, how wonderful our home stadium looks, and our strong crowds that most non league clubs would kill for (let's not forget two seasons ago we were dipping to 8 or 900 ourselves), and the most approachable, sensible, financially prudent and honest board we've had for years and it all looks very rosy.

I'm not getting carried away, I'm not saying how well we'll do this season, but the point has to be made now and then. 9-0 is 9-0. With today's result, added to an 11-0, 10-0 and 7-0 last season, just as nowadays we look back to records usually set in the 50s, it seems that this is and could be quite an era to be a Pilgrim, and one will that be looked back on with envy by future BUFC supporters!

When so much can go wrong at a football club I just think congratulations are due all round to those working for and representing BUFC at the moment, because from where I stand things couldn't be more perfect. However you look it; position in the table, goals conceded, everything! It's astonishingly good - I never thought such high standards were possible.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Magnificent - congratulations!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »
Here here!

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 07:55:55 PM »
Totally concur with that it, just seems amazing that the last home game a couple of disgruntled fans who bemoaned wasting time at the end!!!! I wonder if we did that towards the end of todays game and if so, would the same persons be venting their displeasure.
Im hoping we keep hold of these 2 great managers because i dont think it will be long before others will come sniffing.Like Scott  Dalton remarked, all the years hes been involved at Boston hes never come across any other manager who have adopted such a professional attitude to the job.Attention to detail and an all round honesty.....and you know what, us the fans who have been through the past crap deserve these guys at the helm.
 :)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 07:59:45 PM »
Yep hope Hurst and Scott are here for many years to come. They've built a team that are doing well because they are playing as a team, no big money signings.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:11:55 PM »
Congratulations to everyone connected with the club. 9-0 away from home to any side in the same league is fantastic. It's taken a while to get the 'feelgood factor' back but boy is it a nice feeling!!
As Lee as stated, no big name signings, no wasting money on 'head coaches' either.

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Swinesheader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Good post Patrick. Totally agree

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
Well said that man. Just got back from Reditch what a bloody awful journey never seen anything like the rain that made the motorway and other roads flow like rivers but Hey! what a performance by the lads. I know Reditch were awful but as they say you can only beat whats put in front of you.
The pitch was poor but we knocked it around as though we were playing at home and the commitment was total. All the goals were good goals from good play. There will be those on here who will say its early and we shoudnt get carried away but carried away I am because it is a long time since we have seen a team spirit like this and that is down to the managers.
Leading 8-0 it was quite amusing to see manager Rob jumping up and down in the technical area rollicking the defense for allowing them a shot on goal What a winner.
Great day roll on Tuesday.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
I sense the 'Mourinho' touch in our management . .

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 09:34:10 PM »

I echo everything Patrick says in his post, Been watching Boston United since 1958, I thought no manager /s would ever be as good as Jim Smith was, Or achieve what his team did on the pitch, But this duo of managers are heading to do for non-league football, What Cloughie and Taylor did for Derby, Well done to all at BUFC, For the excellent start to the season, Keep it up lads.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »
Fantastic result today. Not only do we have a young side but also a side who are now well experienced with the success of last season. Without getting carried away we could possibly get more points than last season as this time last year we were still jelling as a team and tinkering with the formation and didn't really find our feet until Yates and SWD . BUFC - LIVING THE DREAM

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 10:19:54 PM »

Let's keep our feet on the ground. Redditch were a poor side who didn't have a clue about defending. I couldn't believe how much space they were allowing Shaun Pearson from set pieces - after he'd already scored twice against them! But you can only beat the side you have in front of you, and today we were clinical in front of goal - so well done all!

I missed last season's 10-0 win over Durham because of ill-health. It was the only home league game I missed all season and I was desperately hoping for double figures as this afternoon progressed to make up for that disappointment. If only Church hadn't blocked Pearson's second-half goalbound header on the Redditch line. In that moment alone I think Church earned the home team's man of the match award. He was certainly Redditch's best defender.

My only gripe this afternoon was with the referee. Did anyone else notice that he only played one minute of stoppage time at the end of the second half? How does that add up, given that the ball went out of the ground two or three times, there were four goals in the second half, a couple of injuries and some substitutions? I'm sure the tenth goal would have gone in if he'd added the right amount of time!

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »

My only gripe this afternoon was with the referee. Did anyone else notice that he only played one minute of stoppage time at the end of the second half? How does that add up, given that the ball went out of the ground two or three times, there were four goals in the second half, a couple of injuries and some substitutions? I'm sure the tenth goal would have gone in if he'd added the right amount of time!

Well it had just started to rain - I guess he didn't want to get wet!

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 11:41:13 PM »
This really is a good time to be a Boston United fan, after all the crap we've had thrown at us over the past few years. It's one thing having the club saved at the death only a couple of years ago, but to assemble such a capable squad under these two managers is different class. A HUGE well done to everyone concerned from top to bottom, lets make the most of these two managers and this set of players whilst we have them. Onwards and upwards!! ;D ;D ;D

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 09:32:12 AM »
Woke up this morning with a sore head, no shock there, but Its not bothering me one bit!

Fantastic day, bloody love football.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 11:22:53 AM »
Has there ever been a bigger away win in the club's history?

And I'm not counting friendlies like Spalding.