Author Topic: Magnificent - congratulations!  (Read 9846 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Magnificent - congratulations!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »
Has there ever been a bigger away win in the club's history?

And I'm not counting friendlies like Spalding.

It depends if you count the 11-0 away win at Spilsby for the Grace Swan Memorial Cup in 1992 pre-season.

It beats the 10-3 win at Skegness in the FA Cup in 1950. It also beats the biggest away win in a league game which was a 6-0 win at Netherfield in the NPL in 1971.

I believe it is also the biggest win (home or away) in the Conference North to date, beating Fleetwood's 8-0 home win against Redditch last season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
This thread epitomizes the progress made by the managers over the past twelve months. A year ago we had threads with fans regreting players like Elly and Miller being released , others advising on team formation and selection .  Great to see everyone now fully praising the management.  Don,t know about Woad Pilgrim but its left a bit of a vacuum in my life not having to come on here every day begging fans to be patient .  Just hope me hold our nerve and fustrations when we hit a little bit of a bad patch as even good sides do .

Bob Lee

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »
Rose tinted glasses ;D  We are doomed ;D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 12:39:15 PM »
Sorry Bob forgot about those, never needed them in any case.

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 01:03:02 PM »
It was a great day out.

Anyone any photos to post??

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 01:14:35 PM »
An excellent performance, one which i had to read the match report this morning just to check i wasn't dreaming.

Let's hope this doesn't give some false hope for when we face tougher challenges ahead.

Seenbetter

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 03:15:13 PM »
10 out of 10 Patrick. Never intended to put this on here but I think people should know about the commitment the players have for the club. I understand none of the players from last season needed their arms twisting to come back and play for the club. I also understand they receive no out of season  pay from the club and neither did they get expenses for travelling to the training sessions. I bet there are a lot of players out there who are very envious of the family called Boston United. Great management, great managers and great players.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 08:39:47 PM »
9 in 9 can't ask for anything more.

without the win yesterday's win which was quality football to watch, we also know we got a team whos capble of seeing out games on the evidence of the first 2 games.

i just hope when we do eventually conceed a goal that if its a equaliser or putting us 1down, us fans don't panic as we tend to do so sometimes.

we all know what we have here a team who won't give up and will do everything to get the right result. so lets be quietly optimsitc and see what the season brings and get behind the lads no matter what the result

in S&H we trust  ;D

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 08:58:36 PM »
Yes ghm at the start of last season we could see what was happening and it was annoying that people could only see the short term results not the long term. Still even I didn't expect the speed of how things have progressed and echo the posts on here. We may need to do some defending again though as the next 6 games are as tough as they will come in this league and it's conceivable we may suffer a defeat or 2 which I'm sure will bring out all the usual negative responses. Still let's not worry about that until it happens and bask in our early season achievements.