Author Topic: Town end  (Read 11701 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Town end
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 06:53:39 PM »
It was a group of Saturday night is fight night idiots from the town centre who had no interest in BUFC and were only out because the town was talking about a big game.

The change end has become our tinpot tradition and at no point any other time have I seen any issues in that end.  The change of end suits me as the lad likes to take the weight off after half time.  He'll be a nightmare now he can't sit down in his green seat at half time.

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »
My situation pretty similar, my lad likes to sit down while I prefer the town end first half, then meet him down spayne layne at half time near tea bar where i can buy him a drink and pie, then watch second half from there. Completely gone tits up now, and to say I am a little peeved is an understatement.
  Can someone please clarify why BUFC have taken this measure as I cannot recall any similar incidents bar that one game?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »
In the football league it was all segrigated so to me it makes no difference,

To answere why the messure was taking is basicly just find and ask those that broke the seats. if it stops it happening again im all for it. id rather the money go for the good of the club and not in replacing broken itams.

Sorry if i sound selfish but it is just my opion but it does seem that dispite all the good done at the club there will always be some that want to winge and moan for the sake of it. and yes before you all slate me i have even moaned and winged myself about stuff

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 08:37:52 PM »

When we went into the League we had to have a load of extra security measures installed - including closed circuit television. Do any cameras cover the area where the incident took place? If so, could these be used a little bit more overtly to deter troublemakers but to still allow the 99.9% of well-behaved fans freedom of movement around the ground?

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 09:00:02 PM »
 Segregation was the one thing I hated about being in the football league, I've followed Boston for near on 40 years now and can remember even in the conference when the opposing fans and the home fans mixed freely throughout the ground, I can't remember there being any trouble, it's a sad situation now that it has come down to segregating your own supporters, surely there must be a better solution?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 09:05:33 PM »
There was other options availible wich would peeve a lot more of so it was down to striking that balance, as for cam system i can confirm that these are there and operational but recording and watching 9 all match as well as watching areas not covered would cost in extra staff, policing or extra stewards for these areas so i think its a decent balance. people have the choice of wich end they can be and lets be truthfull we go much higher and there wouldnt be any changing anyway.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »
Segregation was the one thing I hated about being in the football league, I've followed Boston for near on 40 years now and can remember even in the conference when the opposing fans and the home fans mixed freely throughout the ground, I can't remember there being any trouble, it's a sad situation now that it has come down to segregating your own supporters, surely there must be a better solution?

Spend money we dont have and weed the little suckers out

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 10:11:32 PM »
 No money needs to be spent, we have ample stewards in the ground, only needs one in the york street to watch a handful of kids and if they start misbehaving throw them out, am I looking at this too simplistic or is it much harder to do than this?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
Agree with you! Why was JB sorting them out and not the stewards?John has enough jobs to do anyway on matchdays!!!!!!!
If a female wants a toilet in the TownEnd must she wait until she gets home?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 11:23:40 PM »
Are there no female toilets in the town end??? Really?? I stood on it once for a presidents cup match about thirteen years ago so can't remember....

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 08:30:22 AM »
Are there no female toilets in the town end??? Really?? I stood on it once for a presidents cup match about thirteen years ago so can't remember....

I think the female toilets at the townend are in the corner near spayne lane, not that I have ever been in them you understand.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 08:36:21 AM »
I was stood there that night and these werent kids, they were early to mid twenties and have been to the odd match and were just on the wind up,albeit out of order and your right the stewards should have sorted it, however he was abused and ignored it moving away, in his defence he quite clearly wasnt up to the task, and the two chief stewards were nowhere to be seen.

When we play away at some bigger clubs eg Northampton, or Rushden their stewards were no nonsense behave or elsa types ours are just normal freindly guys/girls who are just not used to confrontation, and thats not a dig at them just how it is.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 11:26:21 AM »
Is anyone now planning to not go in the townend at all because i was hoping if we all stayed we could keep the good atmosphere going all game

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »
Is it an attempt to keep an atmosphere going in the 2nd half? When shooting towards York Street in the second half, the amount of people in the Town End roughly about halves and goes quiet..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 11:38:35 AM »
Yeah, i don't see why, if they win the toss, they don't choose to shoot at the townend in the second half