Author Topic: Report from hinkley of mondays game.  (Read 2438 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Report from hinkley of mondays game.
« on: August 19, 2010, 03:54:01 PM »
Hinckley United suffered their second consecutive defeat of the season as Boston United left De Montfort Park with a 0-1 win. Hinckley started with the same team as they did at Alfreton and early on looked sharp almost taking the lead in the 13th minute. Andre Gray ran past Kieran Murphy on the right and crossed into the centre of the are where James Reid met it with a diving header, which James McKeown was equal to diving to his right to save. As the game progressed Boston began to control the midfield and kept Hinckley under pressure for long periods. Danny Haystead saved one on one with Miles Hunter, than collected a long shot from Jamie Yates. Haystead was again called into action again after the break, saving at the feet of Hunter and then from Davidson. Boston's pressure finally told and on the hour mark they took the lead. A corner wasn't cleared well and Semple crossed back into the centre of the area for Anthony Church to force home from close in. Hinckley switched to a 3-5-2 formation and forced a number of corners in the last 15 minutes but couldn't create any clear cut chances, but nearly got caught themselves on a break. Semple broke away following a Hinckley corner and Haystead made an excellent one on one save, before the rebound fell to Church who's follow up was also saved by Haystead. The closest Hinckley came in the closing minutes was a 25 yard shot from Connor Franklin which was just over, and summed up Hinckley's night.

Im guessing they watched the wronge game.

Althou i thought there headline was a good one "Church service for Boston"

woad_pilgrim

Re: Report from hinkley of mondays game.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »
Not really sounds about a fair reflection on the game and highlighted most of our chances (although missed DD's that was cleared off the line + a header from same player that went just wide amongst others)and has said they only really had the one first half.

Not really been much comment on the game, was a real hoof fest from both sides. We played completely different to Satdee as we just lobbed long balls over the top for DD to use his height and utilise Hunter's pace. It worked really well and gives us another option, we look like we'll have several different styles and formations to keep the oppo guessing and also can swap if one isn't working.

The team played ok again Monday but again feel there is more to come, we have played better last season (much the same as the Stafford game really). MOTM for me was Pearson, was magnificent at the heart of defence which played well as a whole and any of the 4 could make a case for MOTM. Thought Hunter also played well, his only real mistake was missing the one on one but his pace frightened the Hinkley back line to death.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 11:07:07 AM »
i was more referring to the, who set the chance up and the fact they seem to have watched it from a corner, from where i was behind the goal it was from a throw in and the player was hunter. apart from that it is pritty correct althou we did play a bit of wing play and football amongst some hoof ball.

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 11:58:03 AM »
"Boston began to control the midfield "

Boston had no control over the midfield, as I remember it they cut the midfield out and lobbed most balls over it.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
i was more referring to the, who set the chance up and the fact they seem to have watched it from a corner, from where i was behind the goal it was from a throw in and the player was hunter. apart from that it is pritty correct althou we did play a bit of wing play and football amongst some hoof ball.
Sorry see where you're coming from now, missed the fact you had highlighted Semple and you're correct it was Hunter.