Author Topic: Money bags  (Read 6144 times)

Stumpy

• View Profile
Money bags
« on: August 18, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »
Looks like one of our old associates is like a kiddy in a sweet shop now his new clubs owners have stumbled upon a pot of gold.

Its the talk of non league football in some quarters of how the hell Crawley Town are splashing out on big moner signing after big money signing.

After last nights draw at Cambridge the rumour mill is rife that Evans is going to splash another £100.000 on a centre half.

What is funny though is what is reported to have happened while the Crawley players were getting ready for a take-away after last nights match.

Read on, taken from the Cambridge forum:

After the game, as we were leaving the Supporters Club, EVANS (looking very *beep* off) ordered his players, who were waiting for their Chinese food, on to the coach immediately or they'd get left behind. As the coach pulled away, the Chinese woman came bombing over the road with bags of food waving them at the coach. The driver failed to stop, and i jokingly said 'We'll take them love", at which point she shoved the bags of food into our hands and marched off. Lovely stuff.

Crawley are so minted they paid for my supper. Prawn Crackers, Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice. Cheers EVANS!

:D

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
Re: Money bags
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »
suprised the fat bastard turned down the food

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
surprised the fat bastard paid for it  ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 07:12:47 PM »
The irony, always lost on the 'Fat Cheat', in his transfer dealings is how he manages to piss every one off in the process, yet it's never his fault.
He constantly claims that he is the honest punter in these goings on - throwing out accusations upon players and managers of other clubs - seemingly forgetting that he has a criminal past, and nobody believes a word he says, including the judge.

I sense he has sold the new owners on the league football dream, but its hardly sustainable on gates of 700! Once more we can only stand by as he takes another club to the brink - have to feel sorry for the fans, torn between the chance of success and having to support the 'cheat'.

The real shame - on the football authorities - is that he is still involved in football at all - whilst the good guys continue to suffer, ie the BUFC fans and current owners.

Stumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 07:23:54 PM »
Mmmmm!!!  Well it seems just like when they lost at home to Grimsby on Saturday they played fantastic football at The Abbey last night but it was the useless git in black that cost them the game.  :'(

BUT, has was emphatic in stating that the current squad is the best that Crawley have EVER had, even Martin Ling told him that the best team lost and whatever people think Crawley cannot afford to pay the kind of wages the Cambridge players earn.  ::)

So he pays £100,000 for a player, from a league club, but then presents him with a contract that sees him in the bottom earners of the conference. Now when have we heard that before.  ???

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 09:28:47 PM »
i know we hit rock bottom with that era eventually by god im still so grateful by being rescued at the last minute,and it was the last hour by our current chairman and board.The only winge here is running the clock down in the last minute....im so grateful now.At least Evans is consistent and he shouldnt even run kids football..imho

Bob Lee

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 10:51:51 PM »
Running the clock down, is no way as bad as that night at Notts County.

Now that was bad.

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 03:00:07 PM »
Running the clock down, is no way as bad as that night at Notts County.

Now that was bad.

I loved that game!  Very amusing looking back at the dreadful time wasting we did. 2-0 up after 11 minutes and then spend 79 minutes counting down the clock.

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 08:35:46 PM »
one of the few highlights we had away in the league spell.
Every draw felt like a win!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:58:35 PM »
Crawley have beaten many league clubs (well thats what Steve said ) to the signing of Alfreton and England C Captain Kyle McFadzean. Another big money signing !

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 10:13:58 PM »
Crawley have beaten many league clubs (well thats what Steve said ) to the signing of Alfreton and England C Captain Kyle McFadzean. Another big money signing !

Tell me he's not the 100k one otherwise Alfreton are gonna have money to burn on this league.  It'll be theres if that's the case.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 06:56:11 AM »
If Alfreton do have an extra 100k now it doesn't mean the league is theirs, after all BPA had money to burn and what good has it done them?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 06:58:15 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crawley_town/8944096.stm

Er Lip up Fatty.  Non of them will accept your offers as they probably don't believe they will ever see any money.