Author Topic: we are better than alfreton  (Read 10615 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
we are better than alfreton
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:14:40 PM »
Not my words, but the words of the hinckley utd keeper. High praise indeed!

Not a classic by any stretch but a nicely worked goal and we got better as the game progressed. Hope that's an omen for the season as a whole.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
Re: we are better than alfreton
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:39:45 PM »
I'd quite happily take another 25 1-0 wins this season. So many positives already.

flynny69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:54:58 PM »
Miles Hunter looked a threat with his pace and should have scored at least one, although he could probably do with eating a bit more red meat.

We seemed to take our foot of the gas at 1-0 rather than push on and score more. But defended the lead well. With the diving header in the first half Hinckley's only real chance, though comfortably saved by McKeown.

A solid result though away from home just two days after the last game. Two wins, two clean sheets, two comfortable performances. A great way to start a campaign.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:21:51 PM »
I think SWD or Newsh would have scored Miles' chances, especially the one-on-one.

But a good performance overall, well chuffed with that.

al srfc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 08:42:15 AM »
As a fan who's team has been in the BSN for two years i can categorically state that the Hinkley keeper is talking out of his arse , you on the performance against us are no where near Alfreton . You may get there of course but dont get over excited about two wins by the odd goal against two sides expected to struggle.Your not bad but your not great.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:46:36 AM by al srfc »

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:44:15 AM »
As a fan who's team has been in the BSN for two years a can categorically state that the Hinkley keeper is talking out of his arse , you on the performance against us are no where near Alfreton . You may get there of course but dont get over excited about two wins by the odd goal against two sides expected to struggle.Your not bad but your not great.

ok boss whatever you say

don't think anyone is getting to excited yet its too early, but i do think if we get a nice decent start behind us we'll be able to push for play-offs

al srfc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »
As a fan who's team has been in the BSN for two years a can categorically state that the Hinkley keeper is talking out of his arse , you on the performance against us are no where near Alfreton . You may get there of course but dont get over excited about two wins by the odd goal against two sides expected to struggle.Your not bad but your not great.

ok boss whatever you say

don't think anyone is getting to excited yet its too early, but i do think if we get a nice decent start behind us we'll be able to push for play-offs

3rd to 6th is anybodys you could easily make the play offs

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 09:03:54 AM »
As a fan who's team has been in the BSN for two years i can categorically state that the Hinkley keeper is talking out of his arse , you on the performance against us are no where near Alfreton . You may get there of course but dont get over excited about two wins by the odd goal against two sides expected to struggle.Your not bad but your not great.
6 points is 6 points - 6 more than you and Hinckley have put together ;)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 10:51:41 AM »

And you feel you are in a position to comment after seeing us how many times? Not many I'm guessing so you're opinion doesn't hold much clought.

We're not getting ahead of ourselves, we're just enjoying our 100% league record while it lasts.

I'm off to go and have a look at Shippys pics from when we beat a more or less full strength Gainsborough side the other week (one of the other favs for this division). See ya

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 11:08:43 AM »
OOH bsn for two years  :o im staggered at your cv,6 points on the board are 6 points well earned and if you reckon the team that played alfreton two seasons ago are going to be the same as this years you might be eating your words
"till saturday comes"

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 11:12:09 AM »
*BOOM* well said guys, and we'll just see buddy ;D

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 11:37:17 AM »
al srfc as a supporter is entitled to his opinion but, the Hinckley keeper has played against both teams and in his opinion on the day we were the better side. Until SRFC play Alfreton in a competative match I don't see how he can say which side looks the best. If you go on the previous years form that is no indication, if it were Blackpool would have been relegated last year to Lge 1 ;).
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 11:48:44 AM »
I would say Alfreton are probably everyone's favourites to go up mainly because they lost in the play offs last year and have a built a terrific squad, including 2 if not 3 of the England Non League side in their ranks. One of the Hinckley directors said they were very very good with probably only one weakness ....lack of pace in the centre half positions. Kyle McFazdean, the England Non League centre half plays alongside Darren Stride the former Burton Albion legend and apparantly they can compete and smash forwards all over the place but may struggle against smaller quicker players. Their two forwards are outstanding, I think they are Clayton and Hearn ....but we have our own goal machine in Churchy!
Well done lads last night, great support, kept the singing going for most of the match, it's a pity we can't generate as much atmosphere at The Jakemans Stadium.

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 11:51:58 AM »
I hope you get a result against Solihull tonight al, I wouldn't want this bitterness to consume you.

bb1

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »
What a sweet lay off from Hunter for Church to plant the ball in the net.Hunter played well as it was the first time he played for the full ninety still can improve was lively and worked hard his pace will cause teams problems during the season. Think he will gain confidence from Mondays match. Canners for me looks so much more comfortable at right back also a cracking defence now even stronger then last season. Only worry is the growing injury list  MS and SWD hope their fit for Saturday nice to have options.