Author Topic: TONITES TEAM  (Read 3316 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
TONITES TEAM
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:19:14 PM »
Watched the game on saturday and was very happy with the result and performance. However tonites game is a real test, i think the team needs strengthening in midfield. To me this is where S&H earn their corn, cully in as a holding mid and Newsh on the bench. Make ourselves hard to beat first and then play. If we play the same side as sat i fear tired legs may cost us. any thoughts?

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: TONITES TEAM
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:29:26 PM »
I think their side will be the more tired after having being chased around by Alfreton.  Reading the match report it looks like they were under the cosh for a lot of the match and as we know after watch England run around like silly buggers this summer its a lot harder work than passing the ball about and letting it do the work.

I suspect the same side but I think fortune will favour them more than anything physical.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 06:38:52 PM »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 06:53:30 PM »
Ok, that was a bit of a cliche. But seriously on Saturday we played as a team, nobody stood out and nobody looked out of place.

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 07:03:12 PM »
We was ok in the midfield i thought. ryan semple looks like he'll shine this season

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 07:12:08 PM »
Watched the game on saturday and was very happy with the result and performance. However tonites game is a real test, i think the team needs strengthening in midfield. To me this is where S&H earn their corn, cully in as a holding mid and Newsh on the bench. Make ourselves hard to beat first and then play. If we play the same side as sat i fear tired legs may cost us. any thoughts?

Newsh is injured...as is SWD.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 07:14:02 PM »
I've never seen Cully, predominantly a full back, play in midfield therefore don't risk things like that in such matches.

if we do go a goal up and you want to change it then we have the players on the pitch already to do that with church dropping further back, yates moving inside and neewsh on the left which can provide flexbility if required.

However 442 served us well at tough places last year, play off final to name but one, so stick to that.