Author Topic: BBC Lincolnshire Fans Panel  (Read 7657 times)

rob_bbc

• View Profile
BBC Lincolnshire Fans Panel
« on: August 13, 2010, 05:35:13 PM »
Hi,

We are relaunching our Fans Panel for this year and need fans of Boston United to be a part of our coverage. We are using you, the fans, as part of our Friday Football program to debate the topics surrounding your club and are using your views for our Saturday afternoon coverage as well. If you wish to become a part of this email robert.makepeace@bbc.co.uk with a name and contact number and I'll get back to you.

Many Thanks

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: BBC Lincolnshire Fans Panel
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:42:57 AM »

What time roughly will our 30 seconds be aired?

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 09:48:39 AM »

thats a bit optomistic, theyve got to hear from the 34 lincoln fans who are still delusional and think they'll at least get play-offs

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:52:57 AM »

Bit harsh for the friday show in truth, it be 30 seconds if thats what the boston folks want by not emailing and contacting. i listened to this show before and we do get decent coverage as longs the boston fans are there to put the points forward.

Aint making no comments on the sat coverage thou as i think everyone agree that it is 99.9%lincoln city

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 11:57:50 AM »

Which was why I made the commnent in the first place!!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 07:28:48 PM »
I event got a comment read out at half time of Leeds v Lincoln the other night ;D
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 07:42:50 PM »
I event got a comment read out at half time of Leeds v Lincoln the other night ;D

What was the comment lol

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »
BBC Lincs' editors unable to gather any BUFC interest... Reaping what they sow?!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 12:11:21 PM »
Thats it  A H .  They got a simalar response from Gainsboro FORUM.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 03:38:44 PM »
I think the best thing for the BBC to do is simply rename the station BBC Lincoln and let the rest of the counties football fans get on with supporting our teams without the BBCs coverage. Afterall, it's what we've become accustomed to.

Answer me this Rob, why would you rather go to Sincil Bank and give live coverage of a meaningless game when Boston we're doing well in the Unibond, or Gainsborough doing well in the BSN or even Grantham and Stamford doing alright ? I'll save you from answering that, because your presenters are obviously Lincoln fans, ex Lincoln players or anyone sympathetic to Lincoln City. There's no other explaination.

I find it insulting that the BBC pretend they honestly care about the rest of Lincolnshires football clubs, you don't pull the wool over my eyes or anyone elses. You've lost the respect of Bostonians and other county listeners by your substandard journalism and non exsistant coverage of other county teams. I find it highly amusing actually listening to your live coverage of Lincoln games. The presenters try their hardest to manufacture pathetic excuses for why City might be playing so dreadfully poor, completely oblivious to the truth that City are a team whos only ambition is to survive another season in League 2, really inspiring stuff that isn't it.

Why don't you come and give BUFC a live game and show what an amazing team, club and supporters we have here. But why would you want to do that hey, lets stick to listening to Lincoln suffering another defeat, much more enetertaining.

We're the pride of Lincolnshire, end of.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 04:23:22 PM »

What was the comment lol
That we're the best cup team in the county
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »
I may be a lone voice here, but I actually think BBC Lincs do a very good job considering we are two leagues below Lincoln and they have at least double our support.

When we were in the League I think they split coverage half and half between us and Lincoln, but we can't expect that now at this level.

I was listening yesterday and they did a new non-league thing at 530 where they put all the Boston and Gainsborough interviews together and gave all the other local results, Boston Town etc. It was very good, hope they do it every week.

I sometimes listen in the mornings and we often get mentioned on the sports bulletins - it's miles better than Lincs FM who don't seem to even know we exist!

Anyway it's another thing we can blame Steve Evans for - not having as much coverage as we used to!!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 08:40:28 PM »
I think P O L is a bit harsh on Hortin and BBC LINCOLN . Joe65 is right , you have to factor in that we are two leagues lower ,  Regarding the live coverage when we entered the league I am sure many will recall when they initially announced all our matches were to be on MW and Citys on FM.  Amid the protests I phoned and spoke to Charlie Partridge at that time titled Station Manager as I recall .  Without going into detail I gathered he had not a lot of sympathy for Boston fans. Probably still remains the same.  I sympathise with the Imps fans too . I,m happier listening to no punches pulled Scott Daltons post match interviews than the weak content of Hortins interviews where he appears to be frightened  to ask questions Imps fans want to hear.  I sure Mike would have a sleepless night if he went to bed knowing he had to interview Steve Evans or Fergie after a big defeat.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 03:47:02 PM »
Are there any plans for another online broadcast of games in the BSN like last time we were in it?

Bartmac

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 07:34:24 PM »
Joe65 - I think you will find that Lincs FM, although based in Lincoln (I think), agreed to cover Grimsby and Scunthrope Football clubs, and BBC Lincoln to cover Lincoln City and perhaps some of the other local teams :)