Author Topic: Is no one else concerned at the behaviour of Rob Scott?  (Read 15852 times)

LPRA

• View Profile
Re: Is no one else concerned at the behaviour of Rob Scott?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »
There's a lot of blind faith on here. Do you have to like everything about someone just because they're great people in your eyes? Can you not admire Wayne Rooney for his football but disapprove of his penchant for urinating on street corners and sleeping with someone's grandma? Similarly, can you not - as I did at the very start of this post - praise the work of our managers but be a little concerned by one of them's liking for abusing the officials?  ???

bufc40

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 06:11:24 PM »
we have 2 managers.  one gets sent to the stand etc, we still have one to hold the fort so i cant see the problem. 

judge them on the results and results only i reckon.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »
Being a pillar of good behaviour and well spoken through out.  I wish Rob would behave a lot more like me when something goes against us  ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bartmac

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »
I think if we saw more of the likes of Fergie,etc being sent off for berating the officials perhaps, only perhaps mind you, we might see a bit more respect shown to refs and linesmen by managers and players lower down the leagues! (Will some kind soul wake me up from this dream???) :)

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 08:32:28 PM »
There's no need for the bad language . Yes he is a good manager, but still no excuse. Also there's no need for the bad language from the terraces. Brian Clough was a great example and hated the bad language, and he stopped the crowd from using it. The crowd respected Cloughy for it, and the atmosphere in the Forest ground was great for all the families that went.

Away from that, the new shirts are great, a nice colour Amber and design, time the fans chanted 'come on you AMBERS' , not yellows, we never have been yellows so who are we supporting?
Good luck for this season.

knock

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 08:41:17 PM »
I think if we saw more of the likes of Fergie,etc being sent off for berating the officials perhaps, only perhaps mind you, we might see a bit more respect shown to refs and linesmen by managers and players lower down the leagues! (Will some kind soul wake me up from this dream???) :)

Absolutely right, it should not matter who you are and what level you play at.  Too many people in football mix up passion with petulance, disrespect and ill discipline.  Could you imagine a player/coach verbally abusing a ref and refusing to leave the pitch in other sports, are they less passionate?

bb1

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 12:05:20 AM »
What a load of moaners. The only place that swearing hurts is the ears,and how many on here hand on heart can say they have never ever swore.If you can.t then it makes for a load of Hypocrites.I did go to the game at Gainsborough and to see one of their players punch Cully when he was down was of more concern then verbal abuse which i confess i let loose on the officials myself,Good on Scot for trying to win fair play for his players.Oh and by the way i went to the Boston Town match as i was bored this evening some of the Kings Lynn fans abuse made Scot sound like a saint.Don.t lose your passion Scot and stay with us at Boston you and Hurst have made this fan a very happy bunny swearing or not,To end this post most well brought up kids can be told not to repeat what grown ups say and they won.t.

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2010, 09:37:47 AM »
I also went to that game and Kings Lynn players were a disgrace, their number seven pretended to take a late tackle got the town player booked then laid their laughing and giving me and others the v as he ran off, then Gary Bull, absolute top player for about twenty years, got sent off for a player feigning an elbow to the head and all the Lynn players going mental around the ref who bottled it.

My point here is that this type of player causes reactions and actions that would not normally come out of people stroke managers so if our management team lose it occasionaly thats fine by me.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.................
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »
Jeez,is this all we've got to talk about.Last season we all saw games were players were taken out with knee-high tackles,often without the referee having as much as a word with the guilty party,five minutes later they would book a player for taking a free kick in the wrong place,or for questioning a throw-in.When referees start getting the big decisions right,and start cutting out the career threatening tackles maybe they will start to earn the respect of players/managers/supporters.Carry on Scotty.

bb1

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 12:33:34 PM »
Out of interest i looked up swear words and their meanings in the new Oxford dictionary as at was intimated that swearers are thick better ban this from the kids then meanings as follows
Bastard an unpleasant or despicable person,fecker a contemptible person fecking used to emphasise or to express anger annoyance or surprise.and lots more all of which can be applied to officials at some point during any non league game get off Scots back if his only sin is swearing in front of kids buy them some ear muffs and let him motivate the team to a win on Saturday and our first 3 points of the season,looking forward to reading forum members opinions on the seasons games roll on Saturday closely followed  by Mondays away come on Boston do our hard working managers proud

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 02:50:40 PM »
Being a pillar of good behaviour and well spoken through out.  I wish Rob would behave a lot more like me when something goes against us  ;D
;D ;D ye you and me both lcb ...not
"till saturday comes"

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »
In most cases foul language in front of customers would be a disiplinary matter, why is he different?
yes, its usually the case to see footballers,managers or coaches being disciplined for foul language isnt it  ::)  
"till saturday comes"

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »
.Last season we all saw games were players were taken out with knee-high tackles,often without the referee having as much as a word with the guilty party,five minutes later they would book a player for taking a free kick in the wrong place,or for questioning a throw-in.When referees start getting the big decisions right,and start cutting out the career threatening tackles maybe they will start to earn the respect of players/managers/supporters.Carry on Scotty.

100% agree, and lets not forget we were top of the fair play tables for the majority of last season whilst teams like Ret-thug were trying to cut our legs off.

There were so many cases last season of absolute shambolic refereeing, remember when someone almost cut Churchy in half, and then Church got sent off for a tackle about 1 second later? I think Scott has been fine, getting irate when injustice has clearly been done, and remaining calm when necessary.

Compared to Mcfraud the dugout has been like a morgue, and to be honest I dont think the referee is bothered by it, he's probably heard a lot worse for a long time. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2010, 05:24:27 PM »
 I ,m with Patrick on the fishy smell from knock .  This time last week many keen Pilgrim and Blues fans were expressing lack of interest in this  "tinpot cup " match .  Yet this neutral guy called Knock found it a match worth visiting.  While most people there where highly critical of the Ref , Knock though he had a good game .   What intrigues me is what tempted you to watch this match Knock ,  where to you usually watch your football ?