Author Topic: Is no one else concerned at the behaviour of Rob Scott?  (Read 15851 times)

BU on the up

• View Profile
Re: Is no one else concerned at the behaviour of Rob Scott?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »
hahaha - is this thread a joke? Please tell me that it is

The managers are winners unlike those who are on here complaining about the way they go about their business. When they shout and scream it shows me they have passion for the club unlike some others that have come and gone before them. That passion and winning mentality got us out of that Unibond league, yes that tin pot league where we finished right near the bottom before they came and took over. Remember those times?
If you don’t want yourselves or your children hearing what the managers are saying then there are three other stands to go and sit in. And when you go and sit in these stands you and your children can then enjoy the attractive, successful football that they have brought to this club.

I back S&H 100% on this - don't change a thing

BU on the UP!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 11:51:05 AM by BU on the up »

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 10:17:08 AM »
Shouting and hurling abuse at the ref by RS does not achieve anything. Anyway, thats my job, but last season I only recall him getting excited at the ref when the ref was crap, and to be quite honest deserved it. If the ref does a good job theres no problem, but when he fails to do his job, and a big part of his job is to protect players from being crippled by aggressive tackling, then as far as I'm concerned he deserves everything he gets.
Some refs just don't have 'football insight' and shouldn't be doing the job. Some refs pick on easy targets like managers when they are incapable of making brave decisions on the field. I get annoyed when linesmen don't inform the ref of things they have probably witnessed, although I am informed that the ref tells the linesmen before the game wether  and to what extent he wants their assistance.
Anyway, I don't condone the use of foul language either by the managers or supporters, especially in earshot of youngsters, but when it comes to the standard of refereeing I do believe the refs bring it on themselves.
RS can keep showing his passion for the game as he does but should cut out the swearing bit of it. Someone told me once that a person who swears a lot does so because he or she has poor knowledge of the english language and is thick. Perhaps learning a few 15 letter words that can be offensive and confusing to refs could be useful.  I'm going to look a few up now. Perhaps swearing in Latin could be the answer.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »
In most cases foul language in front of customers would be a disiplinary matter, why is he different?

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »
Ridiculous comment

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
Lets keep this real.Football is about emotion, how many times do  we see Rooney and others having a difference of opinion with the ref, and telling him in no uncertain terms with his lovely phrase of F/O and the cameras pan straight on him.
It is part and parcel of the game, not always ideal but its there.

And the managers for me are spot on so far.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »
It seems to be a no win situation. If Rob Scott stood with his arms folded and watched the game passively he'd get just as much criticism for showing no passion. Plenty of previous managers had this criticism thrown at them though none of them could create a winning team like our current pair. I like his passion for the game, and plenty of management teams last season like Retford and Buxton were much worse behaved.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »
It's clear that some Pilgrims have taken the holier than thou stance when it come to Robs behaviour. I'm sure like most fans we've all got frustrated at one point or another and have vented that frustration at officials and other people. I am equally guilty of that myself and I can't condemn Rob for being human and showing his frustration towards sub standard refs. If you was actually there on Saturday the ref was dire, as Cookie has mentioned. I'm sure both our managers will continue to show a high standard of professionalism which they have previously.

I can't really understand this thread myself, maybe this was started as a dig at the managers which is totally uncalled for. If you feel you can keep your calm and remain unanimated for 90 mins every week, you must be a very boring person. Football ignites passion in people and we've certainly got two of the very best, passionate and committed managers.

All the best to Paul & Rob for the coming season. I'm behind you all the way chaps, you've worked wonders at our club.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:15:39 PM by Pride of Lincolnshire »

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 01:12:25 PM »
This is an interesting subject. And something that appears to be a common trait of British managers and less common of foreign managers. Just as common in the top flight with Alex Ferguson one of the worst offenders.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 01:16:04 PM »
I do think the managers passion does rub off on the players, when Tommy Taylor was our manager the first time I heard him on BBC lincs pre-match preview there was zero enthusiasm which was a big contrast to his predecesor Evans and Rob Scot and lets face it we were never going to win anything under him.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »
You hear far worse any day in any Town/City centre were people congregate. If you don't like the behaviour from the dug out then I suggest you move away from it.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »
I can't really understand this thread myself, maybe this was started as a dig at the managers which is totally uncalled for. 

Read my post again. Then if you still don't understand I'll break it down for you.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
Was sat pretty much behind the incident on Saturday, if a ban and fine are not forthcoming, then football is in a worse state than I thought!   No player or manager has the right to abuse the officials like that, however bad the refs performance is, which it wasn’t in this case.  The guy was sent off and refused to go.  Refs do not need to explain every decision to players and managers, especially if he is being abused at the time.  If the ref misses something, you have to live with it, he can’t change his mind, mistakes happen. If football want better refs than maybe they should respect them more and maybe football should be a little bit more honest. Decisions go for you and against you.  The penalty was the same, correct decision yet, 5 players then want to put their expert opinion in on the matter.  Until these players and coaches are yellow/red carded they will persist.  I am afraid this happens from the premiership down to junior football. 

You registered just after the Gainsborough match, and your first post was to state that you didn't see what the referee did wrong. Add to that your post above and I smell something fishy.

Personally Rob Scott's behaviour is not of concern to me. I remember everybody criticising Tommy Taylor for showing too little passion! Rob is aware he gets a bit 'passionate', but the contrast between our two joint managers makes them into a very balanced management team which has done very, very well. Rob will not stop swearing when he's frustrated, if you don't like the language then don't sit behind the dugout. His behaviour is not the best but it is certainly not the worst or uncommon. The comment about foul language in front of customers being a disciplinary matter is laughable. A football ground is in no way comparable to an office. I look forward to Rob and Paul bringing more honest success to Boston United, which is what they are here to do.

Knock Knock who's there?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 04:05:34 PM »

It'd be a shame to let down all the good work they've done rebuilding the club by getting a reputation again....

How on earth could our two managers drag our club down and give it a bad reputation ? They're two of the reasons why people are starting to respect Boston United more. Maybe you should drop your c.v into office if you think you can do a better job. Some people are never happy, even when the clubs doing well. This thread goes to prove that.

knock

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »
You registered just after the Gainsborough match, and your first post was to state that you didn't see what the referee did wrong. Add to that your post above and I smell something fishy.

Not a Boston fan.... can't say I am a Gainsborough fan either, I assume that is what you are getting at.  I went to watch a game of football.  This topic was started by someone who I assume is a Boston fan.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 04:17:23 PM »

It'd be a shame to let down all the good work they've done rebuilding the club by getting a reputation again....

How on earth could our two managers drag our club down and give it a bad reputation ? They're two of the reasons why people are starting to respect Boston United more. Maybe you should drop your c.v into office if you think you can do a better job. Some people are never happy, even when the clubs doing well. This thread goes to prove that.

Spot on