Author Topic: Away supporters  (Read 3642 times)

al srfc

• View Profile
Away supporters
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
I am just trying to put some info together for Rangers fans traveling up on my coach , does anybody have any idea whether the game against us will be segregated and which stand are we likely to be in Cheers.

Pride of Lincolnshire

Re: Away supporters
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:25:37 PM »
Alright Al. Yes, Rangers fans will be segregated, as will all away fans due to the ground grading. Providing you bring less than 250 fans you'll be housed in the Benton Brothers stand. At the bottom of this stand there's covered terracing and on the second tier there's wooden bench seating. We certianly know how to treat our vistors hey Al.

al srfc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »
Very posh , do we get to go in either?

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:59:48 PM »
Yes mate. You can choose to stand or sit and are able to switch at any time. How many do you think will make the trip ?

al srfc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 10:11:02 PM »
100-150 i would think , i will have nearly 50 on my coach

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 10:17:36 PM »
I bet it's a few years since some of you last visited York Street. Hope you enjoy your visit and don't find the away section too much of a "sheep pen" like the 30 or so Buxton fans did last season lol.

al srfc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:21:14 PM »
Yeah there are a few older heads coming who havent been ffor a good few years , i would have thought Buxton fans would have been at home in a sheep pen

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:25:27 PM »
The ground probably hasn't altered much since they last visited. That was a terrbile pun I know to use for Buxton fans but they wern't the only ones to complain. The funny thing was most teams last season brought 20 - 30 fans and they looked lost in there and yet some had the cheek to moan that they were shoved in a corner. It'll make a pleasant change for some away fans to turn up in numbers.