Author Topic: New signing tonight  (Read 14891 times)

cappo

• View Profile
Re: New signing tonight
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 09:07:06 PM »
decent signing

never mind a goalkeeper i think were looking short on midfielders myself
we might have already signed a mid fielder but no one has made much of it,young harry dean great young talent released from the cods back end of last season
"till saturday comes"

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 09:42:02 PM »
Doesn't he play out wide whereassomeone in the engine room is required. If Milly can do it then fine but if not then someone else is needed ahead of a wideman for me

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »
Doesn't he play out wide whereassomeone in the engine room is required. If Milly can do it then fine but if not then someone else is needed ahead of a wideman for me
not if davies comes good
"till saturday comes"

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »
Didn't particularly rate him last year so would prefer someone else to come in personally.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 10:22:04 PM »
Just to pick up on a few of the topics here.

Can only just remember Jellyman last time due to Ev*ns revolving door policy, so many players coming in and out. Seem to recall him being steady but unspectacular. Had a steady game today.

On GK I'm with LP would be happy to see Butch as No.1 but we do need a second for competition. Adamson looked pretty sound today, couple of punches out the area lacked distance but that apart was solid enough.

Would like to see Milly given a contract as he's done well in the friendlies so far and always gives 100%. Like others on here think we look short centre mid, obviously Sleath and Church to start but if either get injured/suspended/lose form what have we got? An injured Davies or someone playing out of position. Only trouble is Milly + keeper = 21 man squad, that's an awful lot of players to keep happy who aren't playing and a fair few players not even involved in the matchday squad.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 09:21:14 AM »
I wouldn't be offering Milly a contract yet if i were manager.He's had 16/17 months without really kicking a ball in anger.He's looked o.k. in pre season,but he needs competative games.Perhaps 2/3 months in the reserves before a decision is made.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 10:25:12 AM »
id give a contract till jan the 1st and i hope he proves his fitness as the lads had a verr unlucky time and he the sort of lad i think would put hia heart and soul on the line for the team

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »
The only thing about Adamson is that he lives in Birmingham
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »
As a youngster...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »
 In the past Milly and Davis would have been given comtracts by now.  But thankfully these managers do not rush into making bad dicisions . the managers will know the right time to offer them a contract . hope both are 100% fit soon.

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
....and you have seen the Reserves play then to suggest that they cannot put two passes together .....and if you have my friend you must have been watching a different game to me!
Don't insult the young lads we are trying to let play, the idea is to try and bring the odd one or two to the verges of the first team and we have already done that!

Milly needs games like everyone else and sometimes you have to be patient .....I spent 2 seasons sat in the stand when we had a really good side, but I was patient and eventually got in and cemented my place ....perhaps Milly may have to do that! Patience is a virtue and some players walk out on the club thinking that the grass is greener ....and I can tell you it's definitely not!

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 05:04:37 PM »
BUFC Pilgrim, whilst I admire your support for Milly,it appears you dont watch to much grass roots football.The Lincs League over the years has had and still does have some quality players in it many who have played in the Amber colours and Boston Towns.

You ever played at that level?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
Milly played for Grantham against Corby last night.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 11:51:51 AM »
Millson is way too good for Grantham. Davies is one of Scott and Hurst's own players, but have to say I'd be disappointed if we offered him a deal but not Milly.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 11:58:38 AM »
Our Club with  a Capital C please Cookie ..!