Author Topic: Boston v Grimsby  (Read 4433 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Boston v Grimsby
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:48:39 AM »
O/s states that with the exception of Davies everyone is fit enough to play a part in the game. Cant see Grimsby bringing enough to warrant the townend though. No mention of any trialists playing. Maybe the line up will be close to the Line up of the Stafford game as the majority of the players who played against Lincoln last year also played against Fcum.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston v Grimsby
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »
Im guessing we will be using the new blue away kit then.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:05:34 PM »
I can't see the Townend full of Grimsby fans somehow.As i understand it,many Grimsby fans aren't coming because they don't expect they will be sending a very strong team-they play Sheffield Wednesday the following day.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 05:28:48 PM »
prices for friendlies
« Thread Started on Jul 9, 2010, 7:56am »  

THIS IS FROM GAINSBORO'S SITE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am happy to announce that we shall be charging £3 for all adults including concessions and over 16's and just £1 for under 16's at all of the friendlies pre season.
I do however have my hands tied for the county cup game against Brigg on the 24th July, where the prices will be as per our league games, although i will allow this to be a season ticket holders game and they are free. i will also allow under16's in free for this game.
Cheers

This is the way to get fans through the turnstiles, what an exellent gesture by the management of GTFC, Last year BUFC lost two home fixtures from the Unidump league,So season ticket holders lost out, were they compensated by a free admission in the plays-offs,  were they heck, How about the club doing the same as GTFC, What do other fans think ?.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:31:08 PM by ceamboy »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 07:05:44 PM »
prices for friendlies

THIS IS FROM GAINSBORO'S SITE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am happy to announce that we shall be charging £3 for all adults including concessions and over 16's and just £1 for under 16's at all of the friendlies pre season.
I do however have my hands tied for the county cup game against Brigg on the 24th July, where the prices will be as per our league games, although i will allow this to be a season ticket holders game and they are free. i will also allow under16's in free for this game.
Cheers

This is the way to get fans through the turnstiles, what an exellent gesture by the management of GTFC, Last year BUFC lost two home fixtures from the Unidump league,So season ticket holders lost out, were they compensated by a free admission in the plays-offs,  were they heck, How about the club doing the same as GTFC, What do other fans think ?.

Horses for courses mate I believe:

Trinity County Cup £10 + 1 friendly £3 = £13
Pilgrims County Cup £5 + 1 friendly £8 (standing) = £13

If we add any more friendlies then we would be losing out in comparison but as it stands we pay exactly the same for seeing 2 games...personally I'm not bothered if we pay more, we haven't got an idiot throwing £1000's at the club we're trying to do things the right way now and balance the books, if this means a couple of extra quid then so be it. Sooner this than the club getting deep in debt and potentially going the same way it did before, can't see a lower price attracting more anyway, people either go to friendlies or they don't whatever the price.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:00:49 PM »
i think the town end been open is a waist as i only think there be 100 ish comming down the road, expecting a gat around 700 to 800,

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 06:31:05 AM »
Could it be that Grimsby fans think £10 to see the youth side is not good value???

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 07:51:18 AM »
prices for friendlies

Cheers

I stand to be corrected, but I can't remember any other pre-season campaign where we haven't played at least one Football League club as part of the preparations. That is potentially another way to get people through the gate, as the names of bigger clubs tend to be more of an attraction to the paying public.

Looking at it in terms of preparing for the season as opposed to getting people through the gates, we're probably better off coming up against the likes of Grimsby, Sheffiled, Stamford and Belper. These matches will be closer to what we can expect on a week-by-week basis during the season. But we still accommodated pre-season games against Lincoln and Macclesfield last season, and I would have gambled on us playing either Rotherham (for obvious reasons) or Brentford (managed by Scott's brother) this time around. Still, none of this really matters - provided everything goes right from 14th August onwards.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 10:44:57 PM »

According to this article, Boston are expected to field eight, and possibly nine new signings for the match against Grimsby:

http://www.grimsby.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=204623

Have they got their facts wrong?

Have I been asleep all summer?

Or is there going to be a flood of transfer activity at York Street over the next 48 hours?

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 11:36:54 PM »
Might be a coincidence, but Grimsby have signed 8/9 ? since the end of last season ( as well as losing several players).
Looks, to me, that the author of the article has got themselves somewhat confused ?

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 02:45:20 PM »
Just a reminder that if you can't make it to York Street tonight you can catch the whole match on Endeavour FM.  Tune your radio to 87.7 FM if you live in the Boston area, otherwise listen online at www.endeavourfm.co.uk

Afraid I can't offer your perfection in terms of the quality of commentary, but will do our best!  It would be great if lots of people text the studio with their comments/thoughts.  The text number is 07781 480547.

Live commentary from York Street will (all being well) become a regularly feature for the rest of the season on Endeavour Online.  Hope you can join us later.