Author Topic: Gazzas new mate!  (Read 8438 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Gazzas new mate!
« on: July 09, 2010, 10:07:59 PM »
Gazza has arrived to see his mate Moat!!!!!

Dave H

• View Profile
Re: Gazzas new mate!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:31:13 PM »
Gazza has arrived to see his mate Moat!!!!!

Please no! I thought you were joking until they just announced on the ITV news that Gazza had arrived in Rothbury to offer his support to Moat.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:20 PM »
It seems Gazza is causing some hassle on the police cordon.The police dont believe him!!!!!

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 11:00:38 PM »
It seems Gazza is causing some hassle on the police cordon.The police dont believe him!!!!!
They will when 5 bellies arrives

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 10:09:38 AM »
Moat shot himself and died this morning.

Bartmac

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »
so would I if Gazza came to offer his support ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 04:35:47 PM »
My veiws on this are verry different to most, as he had openly admitted that he had lost control and his mind was full of anger and he felt he was a threat to some as he looked for revenge. in my own few this was a cry for help and should have been delt with accordingly, he pulled the trigger yes but some have to feel sorry for him in the fact that the system failed  the guy so badly and this could have been avoided, The blame as to lay with the system and the way they deal with these situation. but yet again a man as ended his life and his kids no longer have a dad,

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 04:49:44 PM »
My veiws on this are verry different to most, as he had openly admitted that he had lost control and his mind was full of anger and he felt he was a threat to some as he looked for revenge. in my own few this was a cry for help and should have been delt with accordingly, he pulled the trigger yes but some have to feel sorry for him in the fact that the system failed  the guy so badly and this could have been avoided, The blame as to lay with the system and the way they deal with these situation. but yet again a man as ended his life and his kids no longer have a dad,

Or on the flip side, people no longer take responsibility for their actions in modern Britain and are quite happy to blame the 'system' when something goes wrong, just playing devils advocate like.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »
Not sure I can agree with you there Bostonshire. From the evidence we have available he showed no real anger until the last period before he was released, when his girlfriend said he was breaking up with him. By all reports he had been a 'model' prisoner. Yes he did say he was going to seek revenge, but with hundreds of prisoners being released everyday that is a nigh on impossible task to monitor. Many people say things like this, but few put them into practise like he did. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. All the agencies involved are massively overworked, a situation likely to get worse with the Tories in charge.
It would appear to be an isolated and sad case, not I feel a 'system' fault. As to the fact his kids have lost a Dad, perhaps they had lost their Dad some time before .....

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 04:50:59 PM »
Well said Bostonnshire,the authorities will no doubt say we  must make sure this type of incident never happens again,the fact is it should never have happened in the first place.Too many busy bodies sticking their noses in where it is not wanted rather than offering help to those who do need it.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »
So help me here, Bostonshire and Neil.

A prisoner is ditched by his girlfriend, and in anger he says he is going to 'get her'. What exactly happens next?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 08:15:12 PM »
Ill help. 6 year ago i was in a big mess thou relationship break down and 60k worth of dept. did some crazy thinks and spent a bit of time in hospitle, a few years later im on my feet and living in disbeleive at some of the things i was doing or trying to do back then, a lot of us have been there and lost a little control at times.

As for the evidence in regards to is anger etc i dont call 17 days before release as last min.

The guy had lost it in the head. he admitted it 17 days before release, he had put on record how he felt and the fact that the anger had got to much for him to cope.

The fact about it 17 days he admitted to been of the rails and there for should have been taken on release of prison to a secure hospitle where most probaly he could have recieved the appropiot care and time out and this sorry mess could have been avoided. Has it happened the information given to the police was completly ignored and now we have 2 injured and 2 dead.

Once again its the red tape getting in the way.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 08:59:04 PM »
Issue remains a judgement call, about a man who having been 'dumped' swears revenge regarding a girlfriend. Previously good character in prison, little sign of what was to come - hindsight is a wonderful thing..

Of course, if every prisoner who expressed anger on the inside was then hospitalised etc. everyone would be crying 'a waste of public money etc.' It's a can't win situation, damn if you do, damed if you don't.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 09:21:28 PM »
Revenge was sworn upon the police,the guy had seen a panel in regards to his release(now standard practise) Part of the panel are made up of people who deal with this day in day out, those people was concearned anuth to make the police aware of his state. my personnel opion is if they was concearn so should the police,

As it happens i see the news is now reporting on a investigation to take place in regards to why the police didnt act upon this info and why it took them a full week to even reveiw this.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 09:23:05 PM »
All aspects of the case are to be reviewed. The prison service did warn the police about Moat's intentions. What the exact nature of the warning was will hopefully come out in the inquiry. And yes the police should have been concerned but .....

What is now obvious is that Moat was angry, no fool and had help in the community in exacting his revenge - without Moat committing a crime what were the police to do? Perhaps warn his girlfriend and others of his state of mind. Again, practically speaking what should the police have done - have him followed - if so how long for etc.?