Author Topic: No surprises here..  (Read 9972 times)

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
No surprises here..
« on: May 29, 2009, 12:51:53 PM »
Parker's gone back to Grimity.. no wonder he wasn't bothered about being released..

http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/football/gainsborough_trinity/news/displayarticle.php?ID=7244

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: No surprises here..
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »
Oh of course.

His "playing style" wasnt suited to the Unibond, i should have realised, how silly of me.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:16:49 PM »
mm .I dont think this will be a season where we 'snatch players from under the noses of '  maybe bigger fish...
  But Scott and Hurst will stamp their own authority ..preparing better before..and showing high tactical awareness during..each and every match of 2009 / 2010..
  Hopefully

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
Parker's gone back to Grimity.. no wonder he wasn't bothered about being released..

http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/football/gainsborough_trinity/news/displayarticle.php?ID=7244

What a load of Bullshit! The only time I saw him playing the ball around and giving a decent pass was 15 minutes before the kick off in the warm up. Let's hope Trinity don't get relegated or he will have to find another club next year.  (rewind did I really say let's hope Trinity don't get relegated, bloody hell I've had too much sun)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 05:42:18 PM »
whilst in skeg my dad went into a fish shop called 'Salts' and working there was liam and wes's mum

She told him that the mangers heard good reports about liam and offered him a contract but the didnt bother asking wes, she even said that she thinks liam needs alot more experience.
My dad asked her were wes was going but she didnt hav a clue
Now that he has gone to trinity it should spice up that pre season friendly we have :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 06:13:27 PM »
Maybe S&H like others got wind of Wes,s imminent move to Trinity.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »
no doubt Wes will be suffering from a virus come the day of the friendly ;D

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 10:17:20 AM »
It seems Wes had signed/was in talks with Gainsborough at least 1 week ago, taken from the Gainsborough forum:

Re: Phil Barnes
« Reply #10 on May 22, 2009, 4:02pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
totally untrue, we have not signed Barnes.

We are talking to several keepers at this moment and he is certainly the calibre of keeper we are looking at and better.

Nice to be linked to quality players as always.

I will sign 4 players next week so watch this space

Presumably James Hunt and Adi Moses are two of the four, I wonder now who will be the other two, as it does seem that Wes Parker only came on the scene two days ago when his release was announced by Boston.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: news tonite
« Reply #13 Yesterday at 6:37pm »   

Wes was one of the four.

The other will sign next week now as he is away and couldnt make thursday night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both these posts from someone called Sandsman on their forum (obviously he's the club owner/CEO). So all the moaning about finding out about being released on the OS is playing for sympathy with the fans as he already done a deal with Gainsborough. He has gone down somewhat in my estimations and I would think all the rumours that he had done a deal with Gainsborough at Xmas where true. Totally changed my mind on him good riddance he had no loyalty to the club.

Links below, you will need to register to view unfortunately:

link

linkety link

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 02:25:18 PM »
i thought he was a great player at the end of the season
But if hes acting like this then let him go,

Seen him and liam out many times in skeg on a saturday night liam always seems to be the more cheery talkative one

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 10:29:42 AM »
Both these posts from someone called Sandsman on their forum (obviously he's the club owner/CEO). So all the moaning about finding out about being released on the OS is playing for sympathy with the fans as he already done a deal with Gainsborough. He has gone down somewhat in my estimations and I would think all the rumours that he had done a deal with Gainsborough at Xmas where true. Totally changed my mind on him good riddance he had no loyalty to the club.

Absolutely, what a bulls-er - both in terms of this sympathy show and how he's explaining his reasons for moving as being down to the style of football (nothing to do with the money Trinity are clearly throwing around?).  Don't think he can expect too much sympathy from Boston fans in the future...

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 09:21:42 PM »
Heard today he's on £300-400 a week base at Gainsborough, with £150 appearance fee and £70 a point.

Don't really ever listen to rumours but given the names Gainsborough have been signing recently I wouldn't be surprised if it's correct.