Author Topic: WHAT RECESSION ?  (Read 10146 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT RECESSION ?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »
it'll all end in tears:(

Bartmac

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
Could well be a case of "R.I.P. Crawley" and the Fat One moving on to another poor unsuspecting club, time will tell.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 05:00:33 PM »
When will the football authorities learn? Rules on such profligate spending have to be implemented. Evans has once again sold the owners the Football League dream - but how can this be sustainable in the longer term on gates of less than 1000.

Total madness ..... from all sides.

Of course Evans is enthusiastic its not his money he is about to p**s down the drain.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
Looks like Evans is truly going for the "all or nothing" approach this season, football league or bust.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »
Looks like Evans is truly going for the "all or nothing" approach this season, football league or bust.

More than likley.

Stumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »
Looks like Evans is in full flow again.

Today's Non League Paper reporting that he has tables a 6 figure offer for Keane from Luton.

The obvious questions are being asked in more than one quarter though - where's all the money suddenly coming from.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hO84WnAiKQ&feature=fvst

just replace 'you' with he - makes sense

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »

Today's Non League Paper reporting that he has tables a 6 figure offer for Keane from Luton.

The obvious questions are being asked in more than one quarter though - where's all the money suddenly coming from.

I think everyone in non-league is asking that.

They don't have a sugar daddy chairman and they cant possibly afford to spend over 200K in transfer fees on gates of 700 a week. 700!

And what about wages? Players are going  to need double if not triple what they were earning before to drop down to join a small, mid table Conference team.

Is getting into the League going to claw back all the cash? Probably not, and if they don't get promoted they will be left with a massive wage bill and dwindling gates.

Madness.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:52 PM »

Published: 15/07/2010 22:52 - Updated: 15/07/2010 23:30
Money slams Keane transfer talk
BY JAMES CUNLIFFE
Keith Keane is going nowhere - that is the message from Luton Town manager Richard Money who blasted claims of a big money bid for the midfielder from Blue Square Bet Premier rivals Crawley Town.

Keith KeaneThe Hatters boss revealed that no bid has come in for the 23-year-old - but that one had arrived for another of his stars which was turned down.

Asked what he thought of a rumoured bid for Keane from the Sussex outfit, Money said: "When they (Crawley) put a bid in I'll have some thoughts on it and they'll be told where to go in no uncertain terms.

"I can't believe there's been such a fuss about it, to be perfectly honest.

"I think everybody needs to understand, both the media and supporters, that (Crawley manager) Steve Evans is trying to be clever.

"I wouldn't call it mind games, I'd call it petty, ridiculous rubbish.

"We've had no bid for Keith Keane from Crawley.

"We've had a bid for one player this summer - not Craddock, not Gnakpa, not Keane, not Howells, not Asafu-Adjaye. One player - Matthew Barnes Homer.

"He's going nowhere either.

"It was from Crawley but he ain't going anywhere and neither is Keane.

"I don't think Keith Keane wants to play in front of 700 people.

"I'm hearing that they (Crawley) are going to make a six figure bid, so I presume we'll get a bid on August 3 for £100,01. That's clever isn't it?

"We'll pre-empt that and say that unless the offer starts with a nine, they can forget it."

On the Red Devils' bid for Barnes-Homer, the manager said: "It was a lot of money."

Asked if it was in the region of what they have paid for Matthew Tubbs and Sergio Torres, Money said: "I would say it's in a similar range, yeah. But as I said, he's not going anywhere.

"I think it's flattering that Steve Evans obviously feels that he wants to try and intimidate us in a whatever way he wants to, but it's the oldest trick in the book. We'll just ignore it and we'll see how well they do.

"They've obviously got the biggest budget and are paying the most for players and, I would guess, the biggest salaries with it.

"They are having a go at it, fair play to them, I've got no problem with that whatsoever, but it means they've got a lot of new players who need to gel together.

"Let's see how they do, but for me, the two clubs coming down (from League Two) will replace those who have gone up. The four coming up will definitely be much stronger than those who have gone out of the league.

"York are going to be the biggest challengers. The teams that were up and around it (promotion), like Rushden, Kettering and Mansfield, will again have a go at it.

"Wrexham and Cambridge will be much stronger, so to be perfectly honest, I'm impressed and I applaud what Crawley are trying to do, good luck to them, and I really mean that, but there are a lot of teams in this league that have a chance to challenging for promotion. We think we are one of them."   

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 09:10:10 PM »
Crawley are reputed to have offered Rotherham U  250K  for midfielder Nicky Law.