Author Topic: Samosas  (Read 8583 times)

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Samosas
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 01:32:24 AM »
Baines, Jagielka and Carragher can all play RB and thy are all miles better than Gary Neville.

Actually Phil Neville would be better at RB and he's a midfielder.
So playing players out of position will get us further than we did in this World Cup? Baines is a left back, Jagielka a centre back, as is Carragher.

It'd be like playing Gerrard as a winger....

already tried that one, worked a treat   : :-X

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
Please may I take this opportunity to officially retire myself from contention for the next England squad?  I appreciate this will come as a disappoint to some, but age catches up with us all, plus I want to dedicate more time to my family.  Thank you.
that's a real shame Porl, you had so much more to offer. As one last favour can you take terry, heskey, both coles and barry with you?

Much as it pains us cos he is an irritating human being, but Ashley Cole is our only World Class player and should be 1st on the teamsheet
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 08:24:15 AM »
Absolute rubbish performance. I think we were having similar problems in the camp to France but the players have been frightened into keeping quiet. Fabio stuck with Heskey, Why?    He persisted with Rooney and after the first 3 games Rooney in my opinion had certainly not earned his place in the 4th game. He played individuals in unusual positions. I think he was saying "I'm the boss and you will play the way I say and if you don't like it you can stuff it". He was unflexible and was playing for a 10million pound pay off, not for an England success. 
Did you notice how when the Germans attacked they had lots of empty grass around them and yet when England went forward they had nowhere to go, were crowded out by Huns.
On a final note, if Fabio really believes we played well then he should be certified and put in a straight jacket.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 11:04:58 AM »
It's simple - the players just aren't good enough. They only look good for their clubs as they have great players around them (which aren't English). It's alright scoring goals when you're up against Titas Bramble and keeping clean sheets when you're marking Cameron Jerome but on this stage the quality is a little different!

As soon as the squad was announced there were going to be problems. He picked the same players that have never won anything on the World Stage. Players like Adam Johnson should have gone and we shouldn't have filled the squad with players who are past it like Carragher and as for G Nev - please.

Looking at the future - we are struggling if Milner is our star youngster - he is nothing but a work horse and as we have seen that doesn't win you anything!

Can't wait to see some quality over YS this coming season!

BU on the UP!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »
James Milner was the only played in the squad who made a decent cross, and not just for Defoe's goal.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
Wow he put the ball into an area and the striker done the rest

Against the USA he was shown up by a 30 year old right back, got booked and was reeled in after 30 mins

He looked massively out of his depth against the Germans and was once again subbed. Compare him to their youngsters Muller and Ozil who showed class
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:46:35 PM by BU on the up »

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »
To be fair to Milner he was ill against the USA and it showed.  He played well against Slovenia and no worse than the other overpaid players.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 01:07:03 PM »
haha - he wasn't ill that was an excuse. England don't play players in the World Cup that are ill. Boston wouldn't even do that

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 01:13:47 PM »
We,ve all got to live in the real world like B U on the up .  Silly arguing about who should be in or out the team none of them are good enough .   Even the "expert" pundits on BBC pre-match told us only two of the Germans would get in our side , Failed to tell us after the match which NINE Germans not good enough for England . Heads in the sand I
think its called.  
 The only way we can win the World Cup is if it is awarded on the players capacity for booze and sex.  Inflated ego,s and inflated wages , taking the punters (ticket purchasers and TV subscribers)  to the cleaners.
  Ask ourselves what would this team playing together every week in Prem League achieve .?   It would not give any headaches to the top 3 / 4 team managers.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 03:11:52 PM »
We,ve all got to live in the real world like B U on the up .  Silly arguing about who should be in or out the team none of them are good enough .   Even the "expert" pundits on BBC pre-match told us only two of the Germans would get in our side , Failed to tell us after the match which NINE Germans not good enough for England . Heads in the sand I
think its called.  
 The only way we can win the World Cup is if it is awarded on the players capacity for booze and sex.  Inflated ego,s and inflated wages , taking the punters (ticket purchasers and TV subscribers)  to the cleaners.
  Ask ourselves what would this team playing together every week in Prem League achieve .?   It would not give any headaches to the top 3 / 4 team managers.

They wouldn't even give BUFC or Town a decent game.