Author Topic: Boston v Rangers  (Read 2807 times)

al srfc

• View Profile
Boston v Rangers
« on: July 04, 2010, 07:05:26 AM »
Hi , i am running a coach up and have arranged for a stop at the Hammer and Pincers pub which i believe is about 10 minutes from the ground , any thoughts on the pub , is it decent'ish ?  and have you retained Danny D for next season ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston v Rangers
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »
Yes al we have retained Danny .   Can,t give you any info on pub.  The secret of getting anywhere on time at Boston is to multiply what appears to be a realistic time by 3 (i.e. 10mins x 3 =30mins.)  then you may get there on time.  I think you will be better using the bar at York St ground .

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »
Decent pub with real ales on draft, always including the local Batemans XB as well I believe. Good sized screens with Sky and a pool table. The lounge area might become a bit tight with a coachload of football fans in it but it's nicely furnished.

It's well out of town and would be a good 45 minute's walk from York Street... It should, in theory, take about 10 minutes by road but at the moment on a Saturday you'd be at least half an hour crawling up Sleaford Road (bear that in mind whether you're stopping there or not), and you might want to check back closer to the time as well in case it worsens - they're currently in the process of digging up (and widening) the important roads and junctions in Boston!

al srfc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 11:02:34 AM »
Cheers