Author Topic: English Defence League.  (Read 3883 times)

bufc40

• View Profile
English Defence League.
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:49:26 PM »
Just stumbled across this. surely the club dont need his kind of support?

your thoughts?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1081727&id=1422964125
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:05:13 AM by bufc40 »

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: English Defence League.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »
All it does is link to my Facebook account........ :-\

Sort the link out.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »
Links to my account aswell! Put the right link on please!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 09:40:04 PM »
I'd imagine they are no worse than some of the rabble that jumped on the bandwagon when McFraud was here.......

Its a free country, I don't subscribe to their viewpoint but I've a friend who's in it and I don't think of him as a racist. At the end of the day I can see how people get disillusioned with modern Britain and the society created by a decade of Blairist rhetoric and policies, its just I'm not inclined to subscribe to this route of action. 

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »
From what I've read about the EDL (in the respected anti-racist magazine Searchlight, for instance), whilst not all of them are racists, some of them are. And the police are on record as saying "Really, there was no intent to protest. I think they knew that the community was very much against them coming to the city, which...potentially would generate violence". Whilst it is a free country, I don't believe this should extend to provoking violence.

I can't get the link to work either, but I wouldn't want my club to be associated with it...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:31:18 PM by John Chapman »

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 07:18:12 PM »
The whole of Aylesbury was on lock down in May when these scumbags dragged their knuckles into town.

Their entire motive was to provoke confrontation with the local coimmunity. To the great credit of the Police and hard work of people accross our peacful multi-faceted community they failed.

Good riddance to them and I hope they never come back.

I don't know what was contained in the link but I hope that all the good work that the club has carried out re-establishing itself in the hearts of the Boston Community does not become tarnished by their association.

As usual another facist group intent on pinching our flag for thier racist intentions.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »
I have 2 mates who support EDL and i wouldnt call them racist at all and there from an area where the race row is a major thing

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 09:58:52 PM »
Is there any copyrights on our badge?

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 06:06:50 AM »
You only have to go on YouTube to see the EDL at it's "best"

i have "acquaintances" who are in it and have to say they are the most bigotted rascist people i know , veterans of the National Front and British Movement . They have no interests in protesting or debate and only attend rallies hoping for trouble .

Whether or not whoever owns the flag is "hardcore" or just jumping on what he perceives as trendy foreigner baiting only they know . Those on here old enough to remember the National Front know the mentality of some members , i remember being at a gig by The Specials 30  years ago and listening to some talking about going on a March the next day with the NF . I swear a fair few only join these extreme groups to make themselves appear "hard" to their mates