Author Topic: New song for us to run out to next season?  (Read 66085 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New song for us to run out to next season?
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »
I still reckon Shipping Up To Boston trumps anything offered so far.
is that because you suggested it? Didn't we have that in the evans era?

Not at all. I've clicked all the links and listened without prejudice.

But thanks for the aggressive and unwarranted attack in comparing me to Steve Evans. Much appreciated.

PY, no offence intended - I was merely pointing out that in the Evans era we had a Dropkick Murphys song and it was probably this one! Think you got the wrong end of the stick mate..
That was 'For Boston'

Good one Pilgrim86, only problem I can see is getting through those lyrics before the game ends.
Doesn't have to be a chant, just a pre-match anthem..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 06:12:28 PM »
There are some good suggestions on the Pilgrim Patter, for a song or tune to play when the teams enter and leave the pitch, I personally think the song should be something the whole crowd can sing out too, a song the fans can adopt as a club song, to be sung when the club is winning or losing games, lots of clubs have their own songs which they sing to celebrate a goal, or to lift their team when they are struggling to beat their opponents, such a song as John Denvers "Annies Song",  or something more recent , Mobys," Lift Me Up",  But the one for me would be Tina Turners "Simply the Best", It Says everything about the club we fans now feel,   The Chairmen, Directors, Team Managers, The Team, The whole club is echoed in the words of this song, " You're Simply The Best, Better Than All The Rest",  play this song very loud when the teams come out and the fans will sing along to it, There will be some on the Platter who will say its a old song what was around in the Evans era, Well so was I, and so was a lot of BUFC fans, I've now forgotten about the bad times, I now look forward to supporting BUFC with pride and respect from other clubs and their fans.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2010, 07:39:51 PM »
                 "if the kids are united" sham 69.im sure someone else uses that tune but it has the right type of rousing beat and the lyrics are fitting
"till saturday comes"

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »
What's wrong with the tune Patrick used for his end of season highlights video??It works for me.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »
A 'To be a Pilgrim' and Floreat Bostona remix.  8)

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2010, 11:24:07 PM »
I still reckon Shipping Up To Boston trumps anything offered so far.
is that because you suggested it? Didn't we have that in the evans era?

Not at all. I've clicked all the links and listened without prejudice.

But thanks for the aggressive and unwarranted attack in comparing me to Steve Evans. Much appreciated.

PY, no offence intended - I was merely pointing out that in the Evans era we had a Dropkick Murphys song and it was probably this one! Think you got the wrong end of the stick mate..

OK, no offence taken, then.

It's just that I have experienced this song as the anthem for a sports team before and it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when the stadium sings it.

Each top their own , I guess. I think it's a strring, inspiring and kick-up-the-arse amazing tune for football (or any sports, actually). And it buries the majority of the quite frankly piss-poor suggestions I've clicked so far.

Like I say, no offence taken.   :)

Bob Lee

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
Plastic Yank, I am from an Irish family and we call that diddly music. ;D.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2010, 11:37:05 PM »
It doesn't have to fit, it just has to work for our club.

What the F' has that Stoke song from the weetabix advert got to do with anything?

Having heard it again today elsewhere, I now agree with Club Foot by Kasabian or Moby or Boston, Oh I don't know.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

thepilgrims

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 11:50:01 PM »

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2010, 04:11:30 PM »
Plastic Yank, I am from an Irish family and we call that diddly music. ;D.

I have Irish blood, too.

Well, It may very well be "diddly" music as Dropkick Murphys are Irish/American. I guess it makes sense.  :)

NB: Club Foot is dull and boring.  ;D

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 08:18:30 PM »
Welcome To The Jungle   Guns N Roses  :o
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Seenbetter

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2010, 09:29:30 AM »
I have really enjoyed this thread. It's given me the chance to listen to stuff Thats been hidden away for years and I forgot I had. I think Scott was after something that would intimidate the opposition as the come out of the changing rooms and onto the pitch, a great idea. There is one sort of music I have always enjoyed listening to but you don't hear very often. I'm not sure it would be apt for for Scotts purposes but I think it's powerful, brilliant stuff and I thought I would just share it with you. Look on youtube and search Taiko Drums. What these guys can do is fantastic. Try Kodo-Irodori clip. great entertainment. Perhaps our town end drummer could pick up some ideas.
Hope you enjoy it.
(can you imagine walking out into cauldron of war drums)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
I have really enjoyed this thread. It's given me the chance to listen to stuff Thats been hidden away for years and I forgot I had. I think Scott was after something that would intimidate the opposition as the come out of the changing rooms and onto the pitch, a great idea. There is one sort of music I have always enjoyed listening to but you don't hear very often. I'm not sure it would be apt for for Scotts purposes but I think it's powerful, brilliant stuff and I thought I would just share it with you. Look on youtube and search Taiko Drums. What these guys can do is fantastic. Try Kodo-Irodori clip. great entertainment. Perhaps our town end drummer could pick up some ideas.
Hope you enjoy it.
(can you imagine walking out into cauldron of war drums)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSi7PyJMj3A

This?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2010, 10:45:57 AM »
for a club song we could adopt, UB40- Falling in love with you?

Bartmac

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »
Having watched the link posted LCB am I the only one who thinks the part where
the solo drummer plays sounds very much like "Let There be Drums" by Sandy Nelson! ???