Author Topic: O/T London to Glasgow Cycle Ride - Help for Heroes  (Read 2550 times)

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
O/T London to Glasgow Cycle Ride - Help for Heroes
« on: May 19, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »
As it's gone a bit quiet I'd like to draw your attention to a challenge I will be embarking on next week.

With a mate from work, I will be cycling the 420 miles from London to Glasgow to raise money for Help for Heroes, in 6 days.

If anyone has any spare cash and would like to support us, please head to www.justgiving.com/robandjimsh4hchallenge . I know times are hard and everyone's just bought their season ticket to take advantage of the early bird prices, but this really is a great charity.

We've also got a blog that we hope to update on a daily basis, so you can follow the progress over the bank holiday weekend - www.london2glasgow.org.uk

Cheers

SP

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: O/T London to Glasgow Cycle Ride - Help for Heroes
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
just an update if anyone's interested..we're now in stanhope in co durham, slightly disappointed that we've now done 286 miles over the last 4 days but seen no football grounds. We did pass through west auckland though, which boasted being the home of the first world cup..can anyone enlighten me? I think it's something to do with a world club cup but not too sure.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T London to Glasgow Cycle Ride - Help for Heroes
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 09:39:48 PM »
just an update if anyone's interested..we're now in stanhope in co durham, slightly disappointed that we've now done 286 miles over the last 4 days but seen no football grounds. We did pass through west auckland though, which boasted being the home of the first world cup..can anyone enlighten me? I think it's something to do with a world club cup but not too sure.

That would be the Sir Thomas Lipton Trophy: see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Thomas_Lipton_Trophy