Author Topic: Newcastle Chairman in doing the right thing shocker....  (Read 5556 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Newcastle Chairman in doing the right thing shocker....
« on: May 28, 2010, 07:36:46 AM »
http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100527/nufc-statement_2240137_2060552

Fantastic, wish more PL teams would have the sense to do things like this. I don't think we need to shout it to the world about it but I'm sure our Club will be supporting this by not having the daily mail reporters at our press conferences and games  ;D without having to lift a finger!
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Gus

• View Profile
Re: Newcastle Chairman in doing the right thing shocker....
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:04:27 AM »
Sorry, but totally disagree.  This is just suppression of free speech.

In my opinion it is not the Mails fault for reporting something which is fact.

It is all down to the stupid indiscretion of the Stupid Lord himself, regardless of any other issues involved.

He is the one, who, rightly, should be vilified.

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 09:29:07 AM »
Sorry, but totally disagree.  This is just suppression of free speech.

In my opinion it is not the Mails fault for reporting something which is fact.

It is all down to the stupid indiscretion of the Stupid Lord himself, regardless of any other issues involved.

He is the one, who, rightly, should be vilified.

Gus the perfect, never makes a mistake or disrespects anyone. Regardless of the validity of the allegations we all say things we should not. As for the papers they're for the best part a complete waste of space. I like Russel Howard's take on them http://vodpod.com/watch/1941528-russell-howard-on-newspapers-mock-the-week
Touched by his noodly appendage.

flynny69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 11:39:42 AM »
Surely free speech is having an opinion on something rather than being intrusive and sly to sell a few papers.

The tabloids have never been famed for the way they conduct themselves, this is unlikely to change them.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 12:25:57 PM »
The Daily Mail is a disgrace in all regards, its not about free speech it is about the Daily Mail furthering its its own agenda and in many cases destroying the lives of others in the name of 'free speech'. The Mail is one of the few profitable papers than can afford to publish lies then pay out of court settlements with a retraction buried on page 26. Usually it does not even get that far as people can't afford to 'clear their name', due to the high costs involved in legal redress.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 12:52:19 PM »
I suggest to take some faulty goods back to the NUFC chairmans shops!You don't need to be a Daily Mail reporter to be turned away!

timo35

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
well done newcastle united , who buys the daily mail anyway . Its only good for wraping up chips .  :o

Seenbetter

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 01:44:49 PM »
I think Newcastle United are doing the right thing.
Perhaps Scott Dalton should be banned from Boston United because Radio Lincoln were only interested in the club when Lincoln City were safe from relegation. I bet it will be the same next year. :D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 07:54:56 PM »
I think dabai camel is right, his only ommission was to say  his posting is applicable to almost all national papers . Then again if a storey is true lets hear it , many of these people exposed are on the gravey train funded by us the tax payer . Long ago i stopped buying a national newspaper on a regular basis due to much of the content being rubbish.  In this particular case i find it breathtaking that it is the Newcastle chairman taking the high moral ground , as i think KON was hinting.   If he told the Mail to literally "get on your bike " as many interneters will know the mail may still be lurking in Newcastle if that bike was purchased at a well known sports outlet.  And yes if the DM or any paper want to visit Jakemans let them in , all they will see is things that we should be proud of.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 10:26:15 PM »
I think dabai camel is right, his only ommission was to say  his posting is applicable to almost all national papers . Then again if a storey is true lets hear it , many of these people exposed are on the gravey train funded by us the tax payer . Long ago i stopped buying a national newspaper on a regular basis due to much of the content being rubbish.  In this particular case i find it breathtaking that it is the Newcastle chairman taking the high moral ground , as i think KON was hinting.   If he told the Mail to literally "get on your bike " as many interneters will know the mail may still be lurking in Newcastle if that bike was purchased at a well known sports outlet.  And yes if the DM or any paper want to visit Jakemans let them in , all they will see is things that we should be proud of.

Agreed, if a story is true then I wanna hear it, its when its completely made up that it crosses the line. I dont see how the chairman can get angry at a paper for simply doing its job and reporting the truth.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 12:31:17 PM »
The Daily Mail is singularly the worst because its powerful financial position.

A few years ago a classic piece of their journalism stated " ........ denies taking cocaine". The entire article then went onto explain how the star lived the lifestyle of parties and nightclubs, with quotes from various ex girlfriends and concluded with "when asked if he took drugs the star denied it."  At no point did the article offer any proof that the star had taken drugs - maybe because he didn't. But of course many of its white than snow readership think there is no smoke without fire ..... shocking journalism.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 01:02:23 PM »
Financial position seems irrelivent ,  Express papers are hardly in a strong financial position yet the EXPRESS and Daily Star seem to be on the end of more litigation (the Star this week) than the Mail . The Sun over the years has also had to take some stick. It seems to me that the newspaper groups run on the same princible as football clubs , gamle everything to beat the rest.