Author Topic: Ilkeston captain leaving.......  (Read 9838 times)

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ilkeston captain leaving.......
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »
I do believe hes a close friend of churchy, so  i expect him to sign for sure now. Great news

expect him to sign? he has done

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 08:39:03 PM »
I think FP means Churchy will now sign.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 08:46:42 PM »
Im impressed in truth, most managers do there transfer work End of june and throu july, it seems these guys want it done and dusted so they can use the pre season to gell them in

Seenbetter

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 09:00:33 PM »
Blumming eck. What bothers me is that when our managers eventually leave us, and they will, how many players will they take with them. The only thing that could work in our favour is if they jump up the job ladder so high that none of our players would be good enough for them at that level. Anyway I shall enjoy the time they are with us and making great signings for the benefit of the club. We have been truly blessed with their presence, experience and ambition.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »
Blumming eck. What bothers me is that when our managers eventually leave us, and they will, how many players will they take with them. The only thing that could work in our favour is if they jump up the job ladder so high that none of our players would be good enough for them at that level. Anyway I shall enjoy the time they are with us and making great signings for the benefit of the club. We have been truly blessed with their presence, experience and ambition.

Come on folks enjoy the moment we have managers that know what they are doing a great squad in the building and when they do leave we'll still be better of than when they arrive (would'nt be hard frankly ).  You just never know where these two could go and they might just stick here all the way, whatever I wish them well as they are doing just fine in my book.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 09:25:32 PM »
am i right in thinking that we have a summer free of demotion worries ?

and not needing a massive player clerences ?

just building around what we  have ?

blimey  :o whats the world coming to

;D

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »
Sounds a good signing as long as the attitude problems about being played out of position rumoured aren't true which i can't see as he was voted managers player of the season by Scott and Hurst at Ilkeston. If Church, Parker, Suarez and Davies all say we will only need three more signings now; a goalie, left back and centre midfielder.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 01:28:16 PM »
More of an intelligent/ footballing centre half as oppose to a big bustling one who smashes everyone and everything in the air.

Decent player.

Any idea what's going on with a GK? Can't wait for the new season!!

BU on the UP!!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »

Interesting story here about Murphy having fractured his skull last season ...

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/football/Injury-deter-Murphy/article-2206122-detail/article.html

... Reminds me a little bit of the Peter Cech scenario. As a defender though, you've got to hope there's no psychological effect when he challenges for a header.