Author Topic: Back Our Bid Against The Conference!  (Read 13896 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Back Our Bid Against The Conference!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 10:48:19 PM »
It's catch 22, if they win their appeal then I will be right royally pissed off as it will proove they had a vendetta against us. If they lose then that nonsense of a board get their way again.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 05:33:09 AM »
Did they support us in our appeal or just sit back sniggering like most at the time ?

Yeah , thought so ..................

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 06:16:28 AM »
Liam SCFC its very hard to take, because its always the poor old fan who suffers, never the shitheads running the club who put you in this position in the first place. We lived the dream, promotion to the football league, then the crap hit the fan.So apart from a Chairman and his side kick manager cheating our way into the league,creating massive debts to the club,giving us another shithead who wanted to rip the ground up solely for properity development,then to be convinced that the next shithead who came along cared anymore about our club,only to find out he was just another nail in our coffin, then we suffered an ex player who nearly managed to get us wiped of the face of the earth.We then suffered relegation from league 2, to be told we cannot play in the conference,we were then saved by a fantastic couple of people David and Nigel, who inherited major problems,suffered an injust further relegation at the hands of the conference to the Unidump league.
But the shining light is that we are now run properly, we have a pride in our club again and we won promotion back to the blue square north.Thats why this rule is in place.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 06:27:04 AM »

The right thing for the sake of football would be for Salisbury to win this appeal.

But if that were to happen, wouldn't Boston then have further grounds to consider legal action against the authorities?

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 07:02:23 AM »
Yes Boston would have further grounds IMO, also I for one think that whoever chairs the Conference should not be someone who has a vested interest in one of the clubs competing in it as this could easily lead to a conflict of interest (the fact that Forest Green Rovers are the club that would be saved does make it all look a bit dodgy).

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 07:07:39 AM »
Best of luck to Salisbury.

Though it would be a smack in the face for us the farce of a club doing its level best to solve its promblems only to be shafted by petty regulations is a nonsense.

I hope the conference see sense and reppeal this rule whilst also dealing more sternly with club insolvencies. Those considering going into Adminsitration or a CVA should do so in the clear knowledge that this eventuality will automatically result in demotion of 2 leagues the following year - no exceptions. This should be written into the terms of membership of the league, you don't sign - you don't play!

These clubs should lodge their debt management plans with the FA who in turn should monitor their progress. In order for the club to gear up to their new spending status a moritorium should be placed on further action in year 1. However if at the end of Year 2 the club has not made progress to meet or exceed their debt plan then the gloves should be off and another demotion should be the penalty.

Tough love but the only way that the boom and bust roller coaster will end for some.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 08:36:23 AM »
we were then saved by a fantastic couple of people David and Nigel,

Nigel? Nigel? Who the feck is Nigel??????? 

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »
Best of luck and c'mon guys and girls. Just because we were demoted under stupid rule does not make another club suffering the same fate OK. If you believe the rule is fair, then support it otherwise support Salisbury.
Touched by his noodly appendage.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 10:02:09 AM »
Best of luck and c'mon guys and girls. Just because we were demoted under stupid rule does not make another club suffering the same fate OK. If you believe the rule is fair, then support it otherwise support Salisbury.

Spot on. If they do win the appeal then Dave & Neil should go in all guns blazing for some compo.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 10:28:10 AM »
Ours was different circumstances though, we had other debts not just the inland revenue to contend with, whilst Salibury only have a debt to HMRC which they've agreed a CVA for.

There shouldnt be a set-in-stone rule, each case is different and requires different approaches.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 04:07:41 PM »
I like a lot of you on this forum, but some of you sound like right slapped arses you know how it felt what Salisbury are going through i thaught you of all fans would be backing them to be honest.

Liam_SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 04:16:12 PM »
Thanks for all your support! Don't think it goes unnoticed because it really doesn't!

No club should have to have relegation decided on off the pitch matters - we're under a new board now that have totally revamped how the club is run and it now works. I've always had sympathy with clubs who've gone through such difficulty so I hope we can continue to gain support from you!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 04:20:18 PM »
I like a lot of you on this forum, but some of you sound like right slapped arses you know how it felt what Salisbury are going through i thaught you of all fans would be backing them to be honest.

You are the voice of reason fcum_91. You are correct we should support them and stop the suits from doing this to any other team in ours and Salisburys position. The rule (or the appendix "E" within it) does not punish the guilty party ie-: the ones that bugger off into the distance and try their luck elswhere, it punishes the ones coming in to clear up the mess. If they can prove they hvae the club on a sound footing and are living within their means and have an agreement with their creditors then common sense should prevail.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bob Lee

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »
Good luck Salisbury, but do not hold your breath.

You will have to excuse some of us on this forum, the scars still hurt.

The supporters are the ones to suffer and I have a feeling we still have some suffering to do.  Perhaps our grass will be too short or any other feeble excuse they will find to kick us.

As I said on a previous post about 4 years ago the Conference is a CLOSED SHOP and if your face does not fit, well you know the rest.

Anyway, I would not hold a grudge if you were successful, I would just put it down to one rule for us etc.

Good luck

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »
I really feel for Salisbury because, as we are all aware, that is effectively the end of their present squad as they know it. Can you see players like Matt Tubbs plying his trade two leagues below? No chance. As ever it's the poor supporters who suffer and can forget going to Luton Town, Mansfield, York etc and start preparing to face teams they may never even heard of!! I wish you all the luck with your appeal STFC but i fear you may have more chance of finding a large piece of rocking horse s**t than being allowed back in the Conference  :(