Author Topic: Back Our Bid Against The Conference!  (Read 13926 times)

Maxross

• View Profile
Re: Back Our Bid Against The Conference!
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 06:40:39 PM »
There was some discussion when this happened to us over whether or not it was even a rule, or just something the conference could use at their discretion?  

I have to say that I wouldn't wish what happened to us on any club and so for that reason, I back this Sailsbury City appeal and also Northwich for that matter.  I think its pretty clear that this rule isn't stopping clubs spending recklessly and there seems to be more emphasis on punishing the Club and supporters, whilst the individuals who get clubs into the mess in the first place are allowed to carry on at other clubs.  Until individuals become liable I think this problem will continue, as the same names and faces seem to appear regularly at new clubs employing the same philosophies.  I haven't done any research on this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think more clubs from the conference have gone bust than from any other league in recent times.  I frankly think the way the Conference has handled its matters the past few seasons has been a shambles and I think they need to now come out with a clear set of rules which will be applied consistently before next season begins and get them backed by the F.A. so that they don't risk being overturned on appeal.  These rules should punish the Club to an extent e.g. points penalties, but the real focus should be on the indivduals with lengthy involvement bans and - I realise this maybe beyond their scope - criminal charges if matters are serious enough.

Anyway - Good Luck to the fans of Sailsbury and Northwich, I hope you're summer isn't as soul distroying as our last few!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:54:50 PM by Maxross »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 07:30:29 PM »
All good valid suggestions Maxross apart from the F A involvement ,  Have the FA been proved to be any better than the hapless Conference at handing out EVEN HANDED punishment.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 07:46:31 PM »
All good valid suggestions Maxross apart from the F A involvement ,  Have the FA been proved to be any better than the hapless Conference at handing out EVEN HANDED punishment.

Yes I agree Green Hats Mate, the F.A. are equally poor at this type of thing, my reasoning was though that at least if the Conference and the F.A. were singing from the same hymn sheet we might have a little more chance of consistency.  Probably to sensible a suggestion for those clowns though.

Interesting reading everybodiy elses comments that appeared whilst I was composing my own response, one hell of a lot of common sense and a lot of good ideas.  Wonder why the people running the leagues can't seem to apply the same kind of intelect?  All joking apart, wouldn't it be a good idea to canvass fan's on what they think the punishments should be for this kind of thing.  At then end of the day, we are the ones who fund football and we are the ones left to pick up the pieces when it all goes tits up.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:54:17 PM by Maxross »

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »
I've been reading this topic with interest. All i can add is this, i know how i felt when it all became clear that certain parties had cheated to get us in to the FL. From that point i knew deep down that we were well and truly fooked, it came as no surprise when we ended up bust and the guilty parties did a bunk. Most fans of other clubs hated us and were pleased to see us fall on our arses. That of course is the legacy of certain parties who were at the club at that time.
I'd not wish that on any fan of another club, it wasn't our fault and it's not theirs either. So i say good luck to you Salisbury, i doubt you'll change any ones mind about the punishment you'll receive though.

check the grassy knoll.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 08:49:41 AM »
I've been reading this topic with interest. All i can add is this, i know how i felt when it all became clear that certain parties had cheated to get us in to the FL. From that point i knew deep down that we were well and truly fooked, it came as no surprise when we ended up bust and the guilty parties did a bunk. Most fans of other clubs hated us and were pleased to see us fall on our arses. That of course is the legacy of certain parties who were at the club at that time.
I'd not wish that on any fan of another club, it wasn't our fault and it's not theirs either. So i say good luck to you Salisbury, i doubt you'll change any ones mind about the punishment you'll receive though.

check the grassy knoll.

I couldn't argue with that - well put!

Liam_SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 04:31:41 PM »
I really feel for Salisbury because, as we are all aware, that is effectively the end of their present squad as they know it. Can you see players like Matt Tubbs plying his trade two leagues below? No chance. As ever it's the poor supporters who suffer and can forget going to Luton Town, Mansfield, York etc and start preparing to face teams they may never even heard of!! I wish you all the luck with your appeal STFC but i fear you may have more chance of finding a large piece of rocking horse s**t than being allowed back in the Conference  :(

And you have to feel with the lad...Salisbury born and bred, he came up through the leagues with us scoring goals for fun at every single level! There's the moment he equalised against Forest and then that exact same season the last gasp winner he scored in the play-off final - I get goosebumps thinking about it!

He just wanted to go and get himself in that all-time record goalscorer spot...he's only 40 away now. Will he get that chance? We'll have to wait and see...

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »
What a shame Liam, i wasn't aware he was a local lad, i'm sure there will be a few clubs sniffing around to get his signature this summer. I can remember when we played our last game in the football league in front of 12,500 supporters, the next time i saw us was away at Alfreton Town in front of 450 odd, you can imagine how hard that is to take. Worse was to follow as we were then booted further down the pyramid to face the likes of Camill Laird and Vauxhall Motors etc. I remember going away to Worksop one evening at Hucknall's ground to witness an awful game and wondered if i could continue to follow with any enthusiasm any more. You have to keep the faith mate, you have a decent fan base and i'm sure you'll pull yourselves back up again, i hope so anyway, good luck.