Author Topic: Back Our Bid Against The Conference!  (Read 13929 times)

Liam_SCFC

• View Profile
Back Our Bid Against The Conference!
« on: May 24, 2010, 08:58:54 PM »
As many of you will know, during the week the Conference announced they would be denying us entry to their league next season, meaning we will get demoted 2 leagues which virtually destroys our current squad.

This rule is UNFAIR! We deserve to be in the Conference, we've fought our 10 point deduction and the owners have done everything in their control to keep us going. We have even installed floodlights to meet ground grading requirements...all debts are paid, apart from one, the one to the taxman - we've made a deal which has been accepted but the Conference say we can't because we're not paying 100%!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS! They're killing us...especially as the saved club will be Forest Green Rovers, whos chairman also chairs the Conference board!

All I ask of the members on here is to help us out as fans...we've had a cracking time in this league so please support our appeal by joining our petition. Let’s leave rivalries aside here and let football come out the winner. The only way this can happen is for word to be spread and you to join our petition.

I know you've been through this all before, so you know how it feels...please help us!

It can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=128570467155691

Thanks,
Your support will be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:02:44 PM by Liam_SCFC »

fcum_91

• View Profile
Re: Back Our Bid Against The Conference!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
You have my support!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
Er, aren't Salisbury being demoted under the same 'second Saturday in May' rule that saw us demoted a couple of seasons ago?

What's so special about your situation?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:24:45 PM »
What support did SCFC and its fans give us when we where in exactly the same position Liam SCFC ?

Liam_SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »
Er, aren't Salisbury being demoted under the same 'second Saturday in May' rule that saw us demoted a couple of seasons ago?

What's so special about your situation?

Nope, because this rule was rushed through this seasons AGM and no one actually knew what they were voting for.

I just feel that as you know what it's like to go through you'd give us some backing. The Conference is a shambles and if you agree with that you'd back our campaign!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
Was it? According to your local newspaper, you're being demoted under the second Saturday in May rule, exactly the same as we were two years ago. Unless I've read it wrong, which, to be honest, is likely...

Can you tell me exactly which rule it is that was rushed through at the AGM then?

Liam_SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »
Was it? According to your local newspaper, you're being demoted under the second Saturday in May rule, exactly the same as we were two years ago. Unless I've read it wrong, which, to be honest, is likely...

Can you tell me exactly which rule it is that was rushed through at the AGM then?

Appendix E...it is being changed at this years AGM which means when it is we would no longer be in the position to be demoted 2 leagues.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
This is the same "second Saturday" rule under which we were demoted.Whilst i have sympathy with the supporters of Salisbury City,i shall be right royally p*ssed off if they win their appeal,just as i was last season when Northwich and Farsley won theirs.

Swinesheader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:39:53 PM »
The rule is rubbish, as is the outcome for any supporter as we can testify

however agree or disagree it's the rule, and as we suffered it, unless something has been dine incorrectly by the conference you are stuck. The problem for most united fans I believe is if your appeal succeeds then how do we benefit as a club?

Best you pick yourselves up, brush yourselves down, and focus on the future, you won't ever beat the conference rule makers

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:47:15 PM »
You've picked the wrong forum to get support
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »
Personally I hope they do win their appeal why wish our misfortune on others?

Liam_SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »
The rule is rubbish, as is the outcome for any supporter as we can testify

however agree or disagree it's the rule, and as we suffered it, unless something has been dine incorrectly by the conference you are stuck. The problem for most united fans I believe is if your appeal succeeds then how do we benefit as a club?

Best you pick yourselves up, brush yourselves down, and focus on the future, you won't ever beat the conference rule makers

Something has been done incorrectly. The person who announced our demotion and basically pushed it all through is chairman of FGR...the club who will be saved!

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 09:50:38 PM »
Joke if this appeal is won.

We suffered, so should any other club 'breaking' this rule as stupid and crazy as it is.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »
Personally I hope they do win their appeal why wish our misfortune on others?

I do agree to some extent, but still.... it'd be bloody annoying given we lost our appeal.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 10:06:29 PM »
As i said,i have some sympathy with the Salisbury supporters,and the rule may well be bad one.However,the rule is there-let's have some consistancy in its application.Northwich are also said to be appealing the decision to demote them.Their debt is said to have trebled in the last year-while they still had 6 or 7 full-time players.They are also talking of taking their appeal to "the highest level possible"-if they have the money for that,why havn't they used it to pay off creditors?Do they deserve to win their appeal.?