Author Topic: Gainsborough Trinity  (Read 7726 times)

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Gainsborough Trinity
« on: February 26, 2010, 08:17:09 PM »
I don't know if this has already been commented on anywhere else on this forum but I see that Gainsborough have had their plans for a new stadium turned down by the council which I personally am surprised about as there must be plenty of room in the Gainsborough area for a 26-seat Superdome. :)

How long before Peter Swann decides to Swann off elsewhere?

fcum_91

• View Profile
Re: Gainsborough Trinity
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:07:51 PM »
Can't wait for the trip to Gainsborough next season now seeing they going down  ;D

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 07:27:35 AM »
I've also read that Chris Hall has been released by them, would he make a good signing for us?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »
I've also read that Chris Hall has been released by them, would he make a good signing for us?
Gone to Alfreton i think.

bluemoon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 05:08:29 PM »
here has been plenty of speculation, since I took over, of where I want to see the football club in the future.

Over the last month or so I believe events have confirmed my initial thoughts that the only way that Gainsborough Trinity can reach its full potential is to move to a new purpose-built Stadium.

Not only a stadium but a complete sports centre based around football but working with Rugby and Hockey clubs in the area amongst others sports.

So, why have I decided to go down this route?

It is quite apparent that the current social club have no intention of selling me the current facilities and with substantial work needed to maintain and improve the facilities for a promotion, or just to stay in Blue Square North, I can not justify putting vast amounts of money to improve the facilities for their benefit and maintain a level of finance to see us stay at this level and move up the football ladder.

The Blues Club no longer financially contributes towards the football club and at this moment in time does not look healthy enough to do so in the future. I respect what they have done in the past but we have to ensure our future and that is paramount.

I believe that Trinity should give more to the community apart from just having local matches played at the Northolme and start to develop a crop of home-based players that the town could come and watch and be so proud of. This can only happen with the club having the facilities to do this on and in and that is not possible where we are at the moment.

We have to generate more income and that means bringing in investors and wealthy people to help me move the club forward.

I do not believe that we can generate anything other than what we do at the moment here and our current income can not sustain the club two divisions down let alone where we are at this moment.

I do not believe we should just lay down and believe we are no better than this and that we can not attain anything apart from meritocracy.

We can go up and we will give it all we have and I will support the club in its quest to achieve this, but lets us give it a go and if we fail then at least we tried.

I promised to leave this club debt free if I failed and you didn't want me and that stands today.

So what will the new facility offer?

1. A purpose built 4,000 capacity stadium with a bolt on capability for another 2500 if we ever reached league status.

2. Conference and business facilities incorporating several boxes used as offices in the week and turned into sponsor boxes at the weekends generating good income 7 days a week. Based in the main stadium these facilities would be complimented by a superb kitchen and entertainment centre, family orientated and showing sports events and live shows supported by the Sands Venue. Anyone who has been to my venues can visualise the standards that will be in place.

3. Outside will be a balcony the length of the stadium and overlooking the all weather 3G and Astro pitches, yes, we will be putting in full sized all weather floodlit surfaces which can be used for football and Hockey, netball etc. This again will generate income from hire and enable us to use these surfaces through the winter for training and for community coaching etc.

4. 3-4 junior football pitches, floodlit and available seven days a week for local teams to use and a full sized Rugby/football pitch, again for training and local teams to use.

5. Changing facilities within the main stadium will be built for all to use and there will be a club shop, office, physio centre, Gym and educational facility also incorporated in the main stadium alongside a full time team of coaches to offer support and training to the highest standard 7 days a week.

6. We would hope to generate income from the supply of food and beverage to all who attend the stadium, hire of the facilities, coaching lessons and from events and general use of the club which would almost certainly generate enough income for the club to thrive.

7. We have two prospective build partners in GK Howard and GVA Robson, the latter would establish a football academy at the stadium as well as assist in the build.

8. We have prospective investors and have funding in sight which will enable the project to be completed, planning etc agreed, within a couple of seasons and I would expect to be able to utilise the current ground within the structure of the new set up for training, youth and reserve team games and have interest from several clubs to use the ground to play matches on, which will enable the Blues Club to generate more income actually then, than they do now under my ten year lease with them.

9. We will create 12-20 full time jobs within the facility, to include a full time marketing person and full time office staff, Ground Staff and a community liaison officer.

10. A car park for 150 cars and several coaches will be built with a spill off car park available nearby.

I would like to think that the introduction of a full set up from 6-18 years and a reserve side playing under one roof and using these wonderful facilities can only enhance the town and its aspirations of growth and hope for your support in my quest for a community club we can all use and be proud of.

Peter Swann

Chairman

GTFC

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 06:35:24 PM »
11.  Turkey Dinners, everyone loves a Turkey dinner  ;D

Joking aside, it does sound like the man has aspirations, I personally can't see 12-20 full time jobs coming out of a small club like Trinity as all club has a core support and it would take a silly, silly climb through the ranks to create anything remotely resembling a quiver of interest in Trinity from the Town of Gainsborough.

This time next year they could possibly have more full time personnel than fans visit a local rival who have fallen from on high on Boxing Day.

It would take the fabled 26, 158 home games to try every seat in the new stadium, that equates to 7 seasons of trying different seats before they have sat in them all and if in that time they were to get promoted then it would take a further 4 years to try all the expanded seats.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:44:16 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »
Peter

Much as that's all very interesting and I wish you well with your aspirations, do the people of Gainsborough really want what you are proposing.  Their actions suggest not; such as the lack of support from the Blues Club, the lack of attendance at your matches and so on.  Is there really the market for all those new facilities or will people just continue to travel to other towns nearby as Grimty is much more central than Boston?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:07:39 PM by Sussex Pilgrim »

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »

1. A purpose built 4,000 capacity stadium with a bolt on capability for another 2500 if we ever reached league status.

Groundshare anyone?

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 07:03:28 PM »
I like your ambitious plans Mr Swann, I hope your plans and ambitions are realized, I wish you well, But surely have got a uphill battle to win over the Gainsborough supporters to turn out in numbers large enough to fill a 4000 seater stadium, When your present gates in BSN are around 300 people max, Looking forward to BUFC playing your team next season, Most likely it will be over the xmas period, Goodluck for the coming season to both lincolnshire BSN teams.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 12:50:55 AM »
here has been plenty of speculation, since I took over, of where I want to see the football club in the future.

Over the last month or so I believe events have confirmed my initial thoughts that the only way that Gainsborough Trinity can reach its full potential is to move to a new purpose-built Stadium.

Not only a stadium but a complete sports centre based around football but working with Rugby and Hockey clubs in the area amongst others sports.

So, why have I decided to go down this route?

It is quite apparent that the current social club have no intention of selling me the current facilities and with substantial work needed to maintain and improve the facilities for a promotion, or just to stay in Blue Square North, I can not justify putting vast amounts of money to improve the facilities for their benefit and maintain a level of finance to see us stay at this level and move up the football ladder.

The Blues Club no longer financially contributes towards the football club and at this moment in time does not look healthy enough to do so in the future. I respect what they have done in the past but we have to ensure our future and that is paramount.

I believe that Trinity should give more to the community apart from just having local matches played at the Northolme and start to develop a crop of home-based players that the town could come and watch and be so proud of. This can only happen with the club having the facilities to do this on and in and that is not possible where we are at the moment.

We have to generate more income and that means bringing in investors and wealthy people to help me move the club forward.

I do not believe that we can generate anything other than what we do at the moment here and our current income can not sustain the club two divisions down let alone where we are at this moment.

I do not believe we should just lay down and believe we are no better than this and that we can not attain anything apart from meritocracy.

We can go up and we will give it all we have and I will support the club in its quest to achieve this, but lets us give it a go and if we fail then at least we tried.

I promised to leave this club debt free if I failed and you didn't want me and that stands today.

So what will the new facility offer?

2. Conference and business facilities incorporating several boxes used as offices in the week and turned into sponsor boxes at the weekends generating good income 7 days a week. Based in the main stadium these facilities would be complimented by a superb kitchen and entertainment centre, family orientated and showing sports events and live shows supported by the Sands Venue. Anyone who has been to my venues can visualise the standards that will be in place.

3. Outside will be a balcony the length of the stadium and overlooking the all weather 3G and Astro pitches, yes, we will be putting in full sized all weather floodlit surfaces which can be used for football and Hockey, netball etc. This again will generate income from hire and enable us to use these surfaces through the winter for training and for community coaching etc.

4. 3-4 junior football pitches, floodlit and available seven days a week for local teams to use and a full sized Rugby/football pitch, again for training and local teams to use.

5. Changing facilities within the main stadium will be built for all to use and there will be a club shop, office, physio centre, Gym and educational facility also incorporated in the main stadium alongside a full time team of coaches to offer support and training to the highest standard 7 days a week.

6. We would hope to generate income from the supply of food and beverage to all who attend the stadium, hire of the facilities, coaching lessons and from events and general use of the club which would almost certainly generate enough income for the club to thrive.

7. We have two prospective build partners in GK Howard and GVA Robson, the latter would establish a football academy at the stadium as well as assist in the build.

8. We have prospective investors and have funding in sight which will enable the project to be completed, planning etc agreed, within a couple of seasons and I would expect to be able to utilise the current ground within the structure of the new set up for training, youth and reserve team games and have interest from several clubs to use the ground to play matches on, which will enable the Blues Club to generate more income actually then, than they do now under my ten year lease with them.

9. We will create 12-20 full time jobs within the facility, to include a full time marketing person and full time office staff, Ground Staff and a community liaison officer.

10. A car park for 150 cars and several coaches will be built with a spill off car park available nearby.

I would like to think that the introduction of a full set up from 6-18 years and a reserve side playing under one roof and using these wonderful facilities can only enhance the town and its aspirations of growth and hope for your support in my quest for a community club we can all use and be proud of.

Peter Swann

Chairman

GTFC

I think it's great that a chairman comes on here to be honest, all the best Gainsborough next season and of course for Boston  :)

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 08:38:53 AM »
Somehow, I don't think that Mr bluemoon is Trinity's chairman. That post is taken word for word from a statement made back in November:

http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/nonleague/gainsboroughtrinity/Peter-Swann-maps-Gainsborough-Trinity-s-future/article-1479887-detail/article.html

boggy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 11:50:19 AM »
Gone to Alfreton i think.
Mate of mine from Lincoln is pretty sure he asked to leave Gainsboro and did go to Alfreton until end of season.
Also has it from a reliable source that he only signed till end of season and is a free agent at the moment. IMO would make a good addition to our squad, as he's got Conference premier and BSN experience-think he's still only in mid twenties too.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 11:50:56 AM »
its probably his set statement he uses!