Author Topic: England shirts and England flags are not banned and never have been!!!  (Read 5640 times)

Joe65

• View Profile
Speaking to a Boston policeman today and he says all these rumours going around that the police wouldn't let people fly England flags or wear England shirts during the World Cup are absolute rubbish.

He told me it's never been the case and it's a stupid story which is put around to try and cause trouble.

He says as long as people behave the police don't care what they wear!

I'm surprised so many people have fallen for these rumours in the first place.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
This was on the news two weeks ago!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
seen the Esso station on John Adams way?
ott?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
They conned me tonight!I've bought the world cup medal binder!

RamMalc

• View Profile
this is on Facebook ;

POLICE ARE GOING AROUND PUBS AND CLUBS SAYING THAT WE CANT WEAR OUR NATIONS TOPS FOR THE FOOTBALL AND WE HAVE TO TAKE THE FLAGS DOWN AS ITS UPSETTING IMMIGRANTS THAT DONT COME FROM HERE! NOW IM NOT RACIST BUT THIS IS GOING TOO FAR! THIS IS OUR COUNTRY AND WE NEED TO MAKE A STAND IF THEY DONT LIKE IT THEN GO HOME! WOULD YOU REMOVE YOUR TURBAN AND BURKHA BECAUSE IT UPSETS ME!!! POST THIS STATUS IF YOU AGREE2

i asked the person posting it if it was country wide or in Boston , Boston was the answer .

Unfortunately i've received it from 6 people all around the country word for word the same , another scaremongering exercise .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Englands underlying racist culture is to blame for all this, I wouldn't be surprised if the next one says "Coming over here, stealing our jobs"
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Shit stirring started by the filthy racist scumbags of the BNP I shouldn't wonder!

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
Our local newspaper has been receiving calls from people stating police in Worksop have been telling people to take their flags down. Front page news in the local rag:

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/news/39Take-down-your-flags39.6311368.jp

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Ian Kettlewell, of Bull Dog Barbers on Gateford Road has flags, balloons and bunting in his shop.

He said: "It's nothing to do with racism or anything like that. We are supporting the England football team that hopefully is going to bring the World Cup home. It is as simple as that."

Bull Dog Barbers  ;D and who mentioned racism anywhere before Ian. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

RamMalc

• View Profile
Whilst having a shandy or two yesterday i asked about , seems nobody has been told personally but lots know of a "friend" who has lol

oh , and no pub knew of any ban except what a couple had seen on facebook ! In fact one went so far as to say  do you think we are stupid ? at least 75% of customers will be wearing some form of England top and you think we are refusing to serve them !  :o