Author Topic: Ilkeston in trouble?  (Read 4980 times)

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ilkeston in trouble?
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:15:08 PM »
Ilkeston have discovered that the cost of redeveloping the dressing rooms to meet the standards required by the Blue Square North will be £40,000. The club has applied for a grant from the Football Foundation in order for the work to be carried out. Should the work not be complete by May 31st Town will be demoted to the Unibond League Premier Division.

From Ilsonfootball.co.uk

fcum_91

• View Profile
Re: Ilkeston in trouble?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »
Dressing room standard ??? thats just fecking stupid.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »
Agreed.

Crowd safety, I can understand.

What the HELL constitutes a BSN-standard dressing room?? Have they got old style baths or something??

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 05:44:15 AM »
Agreed.

Crowd safety, I can understand.

What the HELL constitutes a BSN-standard dressing room?? Have they got old style baths or something??

Could be something to do with not having enough hair dryers, mirrors or styling gel. You know what young footballers are like   ;)
I read somewhere that the French national team are kicking up. Apparently, the French FA are refusing to supply underage prostitutes for the world cup.  ;)

check the grasss knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 06:20:50 AM »

I don't understand this.

A few years ago we were knocked out of the FA Cup by an Ilkeston side managed by Keith Alexander and with Matt Carmichael at centre forward. I can distinctly remember the players running out onto the pitch from the side of the ground where the snack bar and social club are now housed.

More recently, Ilkeston have built a brand new stand in the opposite corner of the ground, and this incorporates new dressing rooms. The players now emerge onto the pitch from the opposite side.

Given that the dressing rooms are a "new build" and not something dating back to the original ground, surely Ilkeston must have known the requirements at the time of redeveloping the ground? How can they then fall foul of this type of rule?

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 06:57:55 AM »
It would appear the dressing rooms are not big enough to accept the increased numbers of substitutes
imposed on teams for next season,they are also having to replace the floodlights before the 31st May 2010.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 09:33:19 AM »
I don't know what Ilkeston have done regarding the dressing rooms,but they know the 31 March rule.I do know they had asked for an extension of the deadline regarding the floodlights-they have apparently been promised the ones from Chesterfield now they have left Saltergate.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 03:29:23 PM »
I believe they argued that it was impossible to do the work required on the dressing rooms during the season due to them being in constant use, hence the extension from the 31st March deadline.

However, it does beg the question about timing. If at the end of last season, when they were promoted, it was one of the improvements that needed to be carried out to get the ground up to Conference North standard why was the work not done during the close season last year? They should have known the work had to be done and couldn't be during the season??? If it was a rule change/something they were only told about after the season had started then fair enough.

Anyway, hopefully they get it all sorted, I enjoyed our groundshare there last season (apart from the 80 mile+ round trip to get there and negotiating the Nottingham ring road!!). I've nothing against Hucknall but I felt much more at home at Ilson and wish them all the best. They have been good friends to us in our exile.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
I believe they argued that it was impossible to do the work required on the dressing rooms during the season due to them being in constant use, hence the extension from the 31st March deadline.

However, it does beg the question about timing. If at the end of last season, when they were promoted, it was one of the improvements that needed to be carried out to get the ground up to Conference North standard why was the work not done during the close season last year? They should have known the work had to be done and couldn't be during the season??? If it was a rule change/something they were only told about after the season had started then fair enough.

Anyway, hopefully they get it all sorted, I enjoyed our groundshare there last season (apart from the 80 mile+ round trip to get there and negotiating the Nottingham ring road!!). I've nothing against Hucknall but I felt much more at home at Ilson and wish them all the best. They have been good friends to us in our exile.

Will you be at Ilkeston's ground next year mate?

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 04:18:47 PM »
Looking like it, I believe we have to let the league know by the end of the week.

We had been in negotiations with Retford about groundsharing, offering them what I (and others) believe was a very good deal.

In summary it was estimated that it would have netted both clubs an extra £20K a year in income. We also offered to pay a substantial amount towards improving the pitch during the close season and would oversee the work. Despite the facilities at Cannon Park not being as good as at Ilson we still offered to pay the same rate as we paid Ilson. I think we wanted 5 pre-season games, one of which would be against Retford for which we would share gate receipts. We also agreed to pay everything for the season's groundshare upfront at the start of the season. Full details have been posted on our our site by our new owner.

Unfortunately, Retford (Dixon) turned it down.  That is Retford's prerogative and we have to respect that.

Therefore, unless there is a last minute change in the situation we shall be going back to Ilson, who have kindly kept their offer open to us.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »
Looking like it, I believe we have to let the league know by the end of the week.

We had been in negotiations with Retford about groundsharing, offering them what I (and others) believe was a very good deal.

In summary it was estimated that it would have netted both clubs an extra £20K a year in income. We also offered to pay a substantial amount towards improving the pitch during the close season and would oversee the work. Despite the facilities at Cannon Park not being as good as at Ilson we still offered to pay the same rate as we paid Ilson. I think we wanted 5 pre-season games, one of which would be against Retford for which we would share gate receipts. We also agreed to pay everything for the season's groundshare upfront at the start of the season. Full details have been posted on our our site by our new owner.

Unfortunately, Retford (Dixon) turned it down.  That is Retford's prerogative and we have to respect that.

Therefore, unless there is a last minute change in the situation we shall be going back to Ilson, who have kindly kept their offer open to us.
Seems like since Finchley Tiger wrote this there has been a change of heart.Worksop Town will now share at Retford next season.I feel even sorrier for Mark Camm now,and Finchley,don't forget to take at least two overcoats,a pair of wellies and your own seat next season.Good luck. ;D

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 06:47:16 PM »
And so, what two days after the leagues were announced it has already gone top testicles up.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 10:16:05 PM »
Yup, whilst I was somewhere between Finchley and home the news broke that an agreement had been reached!

It actually makes getting to midweek games a lot easier for me. I can leave work about 4.30 now, catch the 5.20 from Kings Cross to Newark, then have about an hour to get from Newark to Cannon Park. Much easier than getting to Ilson! It is also the nearest non-league ground to where I live (about 5 mile away)

Regarding coats and wellies, the last time I was at CP was to watch Retford v Durham and it peed it down!!!  Still, I'm used to it at CP as I have been going there ever since Retford were in the Central Midlands League when there were even fewer facilities!!!