Author Topic: Francis Green  (Read 13918 times)

cappo

• View Profile
Re: Francis Green
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 12:45:21 PM »
I have heard that Jon Rowan is about to rejoin Town.
thats a fecking joke.with the ammount of players we havent got and jw is playing down tattershall road. >:(
"till saturday comes"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 06:11:25 PM »
Right move for Jon .New regime demand full commitment .

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 07:34:17 PM »
GHM, I think you must be one of the so called "twin experienced managers,"    public relations representative,  because every time there is a post on this forum about a player who the fans think might  be signed for the coming season, { and under these supermen "twin managers" leadership,}   might do a decent job for the team, eg, Ricky Miller, J Rowan, Jamie Stevens,  you GHM come back with a post to say ,  quote , they the new managers will only sign players with commitment, HOW do you know that, How do we know that the present few they have signed are going to perform any better than the other incumbents we had last year, the term incumbent includes the previous managers TT, and SW,  What are we now, 5 days from our first friendly fixture, how they expect fans to lay out good money, { higher admission charges then a lot of the UPL teams last season to watch a league match,}   pay for a glorified training match with Lincoln city reserves,  I don't think that players are queing up to sign for the Pilgrims, I hope we can get some decent players to sign for the club,  We seem to be letting a lot of players, who live locally, slip away to other clubs, we can only wait and see what the season brings.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 02:36:49 PM »
Creamboy the only player i have said lacks commitment is Rowan, the fact that Jon has fallen from BSN to UCL in a couple of years says it all. I am no PR rep for the managers nor have i meet them only seen then at the press conference. I hope i am right Cb when i say S&H will only accept 100% effort , do we realy what to watch the laid back attitute displayed last season ? No we do not know if the newcomers will perform any better than last seasons , like any other team rebuilding , as you say we can only wait until the season gets under way. If you look though other forums you will see from BSP downwards many teams with less players than us signed. Also visit the PFA site and you will see why the wiser managers are bideing there time.(i .e loads of decent players looking for a club. We can only judge the managers on what the team performs like, if it replecates their team at Ilkeston i for one will be highly delighted.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »
I think a lot of supporters are getting twitchy because we haven't got a full team yet, have they forgotten that 2 seasons ago at this stage we had no players and TT managed to get a whole team that competed comfortably at BSN level. As GHM has said this season is a totally different kettle of fish in the fact that clubs cannot afford the wages being demanded so there are lot's more players available than there normally would be at this stage of the season.

Personally as I put on another thread think that Jamie Stevens could do a good job for us, as could Rowan. However if, as is being suggested by some we are struggling to attract players why would we be letting Rowan and Stevens go to Town? It certainly won't be because we cannot afford them as we could better any offer Town are giving out. I would say it is because the managers have what they think are better options, but it looks like we will have to be patient. If these other players don't come off then surely we can make offers to the likes of Rowan or Stevens even if they have signed for Town. Not many clubs at that level will have them on contracts where we would need to pay, just the usual 7 day approach.

Finally I see that all players mentioned seem to be former players, not sure I get the obsession by a large majority on here with signing former players, they left for a reason. Players like Lee Thompson and Matt O are recent players who second time around where very dissapointing.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 11:40:51 PM »
I think a lot of supporters are getting twitchy because we haven't got a full team yet, have they forgotten that 2 seasons ago at this stage we had no players and TT managed to get a whole team that competed comfortably at BSN level. As GHM has said this season is a totally different kettle of fish in the fact that clubs cannot afford the wages being demanded so there are lot's more players available than there normally would be at this stage of the season.

Personally as I put on another thread think that Jamie Stevens could do a good job for us, as could Rowan. However if, as is being suggested by some we are struggling to attract players why would we be letting Rowan and Stevens go to Town? It certainly won't be because we cannot afford them as we could better any offer Town are giving out. I would say it is because the managers have what they think are better options, but it looks like we will have to be patient. If these other players don't come off then surely we can make offers to the likes of Rowan or Stevens even if they have signed for Town. Not many clubs at that level will have them on contracts where we would need to pay, just the usual 7 day approach.

Finally I see that all players mentioned seem to be former players, not sure I get the obsession by a large majority on here with signing former players, they left for a reason. Players like Lee Thompson and Matt O are recent players who second time around where very dissapointing.

You make some very good points w_p, I must admit to a mild dose of twitchiness myself. Got to have faith that H&S will bring in the very best players available that fit their requirements, and if that means waiting then so be it.
The "second time around" situation, as you rightly say, quite often doesn't work out but I think that with them being familiar to us we feel able to pass comment on them. I do though "take an interest in where ex-players turn up" as OCM mentioned at the top of this thread.
To that end I've just looked on the PFA site as ghm mentioned and noticed the following:
Danny Thomas (Macc) available on free transfer
Ben Joyce (Swindon) available on free transfer ( down as CF ? )
David Noble (Bristol C) available on free transfer
Tim Ryan (Darlington) available on free transfer........
(I though that he'd just gone to Chester?)
Alan White (Luton) available on free transfer........
(Don't know if this is right either as he's only just gone there from Darlington)
I presume the players listed on the pfa site are just the fulltime pros? If so then there are going to be plenty without clubs this season.
Not suggesting that we should sign any, just sharing an interest.