Author Topic: Francis Green  (Read 13678 times)

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Francis Green
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
....... has signed for Kettering.I always liked Franny,but fancy signing for the ploppies!! ::)Still could have been worse,it could have been Tinpot Trinity.

P.S.
  I post these threads because I have always had an interest in where our ex-players turn up,and I assume there are others of a like mind.If enough people say they are not interested,then I'll stop.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Green
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 06:53:55 PM »
Mr 100%, good signing, just a pity he doesn't find the net that often
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 09:42:07 PM »
Don't do that OCM, I'm sure most people take a keen interest.
By the way Mark Greaves has definitely gone to Trinity according to BBC Radio Lincs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:44:10 PM by Pilgrim21 »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 10:30:14 PM »
I think most of us like to be updated OCM. Have no news if Bazza has signed for St Albans , anyone knows?

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:12:14 AM »
Keep going OCM. Its people like me who don't have inside info' that benefit from the likes of you. what I like about the forum is that you can say virtually anything and it's taken in good heart. It's a great assett this forum. Having said that you are a lot of miserable buggers. I posted yesterday that today was my birthday and no one has posted happy birthday messages. (don't really think your a lot of miserable buggers. I shall sit back now and watch the flack coming in). Keep on posting everyone.

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 08:38:58 AM »
Have a great birthday you "old fart".
 ::)
Don't believe what they said last week that lifes greatest for the over 55s though.
It all starts to either shrivel up or drop off mate.
I know, been there and got the grandpa vest!!!  :'(

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 10:17:14 AM »
Thanks for your support guys,I'll keep going then.!!
First,happy birthday seenbetter,hope you have a great day.
Here's the last couple of ex-players I know about at the moment.I mentioned in the Lee Canoville thread that he spent part of last season at Brackley Town.Brackley have this summer signed Jamie Gould(from Bedford Town),who if my memory hasn't failed me was the first Boston United player to score a goal in the Football League.Why should two ex-pilgrims end up at Brackley?-well i've just discovered that the assistant manager at Brackley Town is non other than Ray "Razor" Warburton. ;D

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
well i've just discovered that the assistant manager at Brackley Town is non other than Ray "Razor" Warburton. ;D

Doesnt he make bread?

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 07:24:43 PM »
....... has signed for Kettering.I always liked Franny,but fancy signing for the ploppies!! ::)Still could have been worse,it could have been Tinpot Trinity.

P.S.
  I post these threads because I have always had an interest in where our ex-players turn up,and I assume there are others of a like mind.If enough people say they are not interested,then I'll stop.
I'm surprised he's signed for Kettering too, as I'm sure he could do a job in League two for someone. One of my favourite players, particularly after I spent a train journey sat next to him from Nottingham to Boston for a game. (The boys in blue had withdrawn his driving ability at the time). Needless to say he was nearly speechless at some of the things that were going on under the Tartan Taliban, particularly the scout that attended home games/lap dancing impressario trying to tell players what to do in training! (Luckily he was met with unified derision from the players). You always got 100% from Franny unlike most of the shower from last season. How dare some of them be surprised when they were released, it was the poorest collective effort I've seen from a squad since I started going.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 06:04:20 PM »
 hey ocm have you heard if there is any truth in matt hocking and jamie stephens going to boston town

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 06:22:27 PM »
Not heard anything about them going there deano.Both could do better than that,especially Jammer.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 07:57:24 PM »
Forgot to add one last ex-player movement that I know of at the moment.Former striker GARY JONES has signed for North East Counties League side Winterton Rangers..............at the grand old age of 39.........

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »
I have heard that Jon Rowan is about to rejoin Town.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »
I have heard that Jon Rowan is about to rejoin Town.

Can't believe he can't find a club further up the pyramid, he showed some class with us at times and goalscoring midfielders don't come easy to find
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 10:59:11 PM »
Jon is happy playing his football at town