Author Topic: 6pm Tonight!  (Read 6448 times)

cookie

• View Profile
6pm Tonight!
« on: May 15, 2010, 01:29:42 PM »
Boston United’s promotion parade takes place at The Jakemans Stadium on Saturday afternoon — with club officials hoping for a bumper turnout.

The Pilgrims’ promotion-winning players and managers will be welcomed home and various elements of the United set-up will be introduced on-pitch too.

BBC Lincolnshire correspondent Scott Dalton will host the event — with the Community Football Club, Centre of Excellence, youth team and college team, Study Support Centre, United in the Community, club staff, volunteers, Pilgrim Lounge staff and matchday stewards and medics being introduced.

The club’s board of directors — David Newton, Neil Kempster and Chris Cook — will also greet the crowd, before the United players and joint managers Rob Scott and Paul Hurst complete the procession.

Gates open at 5.00pm — with admission FREE in the Fantasy Island Stand.

Please listen for PA announcements throughout the afternoon regarding opportunities for photographs with the three trophies won during the season — the UniBond Premier League play-off trophy, the UniBond League Challenge Cup and the Lincolnshire Senior Shield.

The snack bar underneath the Fantasy Island Stand will be open from 5.00pm, although The Pilgrim Lounge will close directly after the televised FA Cup final.

Copies of ‘We Are Going Up’ — a photographic review of United’s brilliant season — will be available inside the stadium and from the ticket office.

Copies are priced £3 each and represent a terrific keepsake following the successes of the 2009-2010 campaign.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 6pm Tonight!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 01:47:27 PM »
Se you there :D

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 02:42:28 PM »
Just got out of hospital so cannot be there tonight. Would be grateful for any photos on here of what should be a great evening of celebration. Chris can you or anyone that knows me please get me the promotion book.
Everyone have a great time and persuade the lads to sign their contracts as we go marching on. Just looked at Patricks great highlights post and I definately want some more of that.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
Will be taking my camera so hope to have a few pics worthy of sharing ...

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 10:27:50 PM »
Disappointed in the turn out tonight probably about 200. Cant help thinking 'Why FA cup final day 6pm' Could we not have done it tomorrow afternoon.
With the report in the standard hoping for a bumper crowd, im thinking management must be disappointed as well. I hope all that attended enjoyed it.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:50:09 PM »
Couldn't make tonight apart from the Miles Hunter announcement was anything else of importance said? Players signing contracts etc

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
200, disappointing? There are teams in the Unidump that would love 200 people to turn up on a Saturday DURING the season.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 01:12:44 PM »
200?

I couldn't see that well but I've had guessed double that.

I stand to be corrected of course.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 01:18:41 PM »
200?

I couldn't see that well but I've had guessed double that.

I stand to be corrected of course.
I'd agree there was a lot more than 200 there.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 08:12:20 PM »
   .....there appeared to me to be alot more than 200 there,but whatever...........the Fantasy Island stand was fairly full......a great hour or so worths of free entertainment honouring the forgotton,hidden and unsung members of the Club.....One moment for me though brought a lump to my throught ,and I would suspect many others---how many Chairmen of ANY football club throughout the land could have got a standing ovation???......DN has done a fantastic job....

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 08:55:58 PM »
Same here JP,a very emotional moment that..

Also nice to have a Chairman with a sense of humour too..

Did you see the look Scott Dalton got when he asked PH what happened in the FA Trophy,thought he was going to lump him one  :D

Only downside was that bloody microphone playing up,it was like a Norman Collier sketch...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:15:20 PM by Ken Fox »

casperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 08:18:58 PM »
One of my pics from saturday

casperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »
and another!

casperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »
And finally!

sister soo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 09:41:33 PM »
I don`t like to put a damper on proceedings- it was a top evening on sat and enjoyed by all who turned out.
However on every match day the turnstiles are manned by a group of volunteers who are not paid (but recieve a donation which is paid to local scout groups to keep them running)
It would have been nice for them to recieve some recognition for their support over the years (about 30 years I am told)