Author Topic: Holbeach United & Bourne Town  (Read 5161 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Holbeach United & Bourne Town
« on: May 14, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »
I was told today that both clubs have been relegated from the UCL. Holbeach for not having a stand on two sides of the ground and i think Bourne for not having all four sides of their ground fenced off. What the hell are the league playing at, are they trying to drive clubs out of business?    >:(

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Holbeach United & Bourne Town
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:59:07 PM »
Yes they've both been demoted to UCL 1 because of ground grading issues.According to the F.A. they should have "covered accomodation for spectators,preferably on two sides."This,amazingly,for "F" graded grounds.No official comment from Bourne Town yet,But Holbeach have said they will appeal.There was apparently a list of six clubs at risk of demotion,and Holbeach wasn't on it!Makes you wonder how Retford ever got into the Unibond Prem doesn't it-not that we didn't wonder before............

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »
Holbeach get around 100 per game, do they really need two covered stands!! Who do these people think will pay for all this? Unless of course money will filter down from the Prem, or from FIFA, that though i very much doubt.  >:(

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 06:39:53 PM »
Bourne can't do anything about their ground because they don't own it. Does this mean that if they win UCL Division 1 then they won't be promoted because their grounds not up to standard?

Doesn't give the team and management much motivation to try if that's the case.

spalding linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 07:33:10 PM »
I understand that Holbeach are appealing against the decision - fat chance with the record of the FA.
 I'm disappointed as was looking forward to two local games for me to see Kings Lynn play them

sister soo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »
Bourne play on a pitch owned and run by the council

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 04:46:23 AM »
I Think Deeping Pilgrim you will find we are in the same position as Bourne, with only a limited time left on our lease,and being denied the hope of a new ground because some silly idiot thinks the town could be under water in the next two hundred years.We cannot be promoted to the Conference.

sister soo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 08:11:10 AM »
I was told today that both clubs have been relegated from the UCL. Holbeach for not having a stand on two sides of the ground and i think Bourne for not having all four sides of their ground fenced off. What the hell are the league playing at, are they trying to drive clubs out of business?    >:(

check the grassy knoll
Are Holbeach and Bourne the only 2 UCL clubs demoted? Some of the grounds in that league are are disgrace These are 2 ot the better ones

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 12:57:06 PM »

check the grassy knoll
Are Holbeach and Bourne the only 2 UCL clubs demoted? Some of the grounds in that league are are disgrace These are 2 ot the better ones
They were the 2 lowest placed clubs to fail... so it seems others did as well
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Seenbetter

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 10:52:27 AM »
The fa don't give a toss about grass roots football. They wont help financially because they need the money to pay for their all expenses paid trips to the world cup.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
I Think Deeping Pilgrim you will find we are in the same position as Bourne, with only a limited time left on our lease,and being denied the hope of a new ground because some silly idiot thinks the town could be under water in the next two hundred years.We cannot be promoted to the Conference.
This isn't the first time I've put this on here and doubt it'll be the last  :-\

Link to ground grading rules for Conference National:
http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/NationalLeagueSystem/~/media/Files/PDF/Leagues/GradeA09.ashx/GradeA09.pdf

From there:

1.1 Security of Tenure
The club must either:
(a) own the freehold of the ground
(b) have a lease of the ground for the remainder of the season during which an
inspection for grading is carried out and for the following season, or
(c) possess an agreement for the use of the ground that is acceptable to The Football
Association and The Football Conference.

I wish people would research before putting sh*t info that just panics everyone. We can be promoted to Conferenece National but once there wouldn't be eligible for promotion to FL.

Loomerino

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 02:17:17 PM »