Author Topic: Grass grows  (Read 3140 times)

Seenbetter

Grass grows
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:14:54 AM »
Nothing much happening on here at the moment so I thought I would liven things up. My grass never stops growing. I cut the bloody stuff the other week and it's grown again. Some of it has grown quicker than other bits. Some of it is green but theres a lot of brown this year. It's my birthday tomorrow, 21 again. I suppose I'll celebrate by cutting the bloody lawn. Oooops, there's that squirrel again, no doubt looking for my hazel nuts he nicked off my tree last year. Them birds are at it again. Why can't they go and hump somewhere else in private. Wish the Rocking Rev would invite me over for an holiday, haven't sorted one out yet. I bet he doesn't have squirrels after his nuts. Might rain later, hope so. Wont be able to cut the grass then. Must go, got to do some ironing. Roll on the season. I bet Nobbies grass is better than mine. I'm bored and I bet a lot of you are now.  :bunny :bunny :bunny

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Grass grows
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »
I know what you mean! I made the mistake of putting some lawn feed/weedkiller on a few weeks ago and it won't stop growing. I cut it on Sunday and it already needs cutting again  >:(

Happy "21st" birthday for tomorrow, it's my son's 18th birthday tomorrow so a day of celebrating!!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
I got bored cutting the grass every week, so I set up a slalom course to add a bit of interest. Missus wasn't too happy as she likes to see the lawn nice and stripey, I pointed out that it was still nice 'n stripey although the stripes were no longer in parallel lines. She said that the lines should only cross when they reached infinity, I said that was never going to happen. The second weekend I added a bit more difficulty to the course and spun out on the first circuit destroying the mowers undercarriage. £250 later and she now does the lawn...roll on the new season  :dan

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 07:20:12 AM »

I've invested in some sheep, to try and keep my lawn in trim and save the hassle of cutting it myself. But unfortunately there's a giant killer wood pigeon on the loose that keeps attacking my sheep...

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 08:24:20 AM »
Funny how the word sheep can mean just one or more than one sheep. I think the word Sheps should apply to more than one.
Anyway I thought I would give a tip on how to cut down on lawn cutting time, apart from replacing it with gravel that is. I used to go up and down in straight lines. with a mower of course, and it would take me about two hours. I have found if you go round in ever decreasing circles and avoid all those stops and about turns I can get that down to 90 minutes. Have to be careful not to dissappear up your own bum at the end though.
Any chance of breaking the reply record on this life changing topic ( someone is bound to say NO ).
If you see Nobby wobbling around looking unbalanced at the ground it's probably because he's just tried my circular method of lawn cutting.

Bartmac

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »
SB why not start in the middle and work your way round to the outside and luckily be in time for the other half to bring you a p ;Dint

Bob Lee

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »
I use a mixture of whiskey and lawn grow and it saves me time cutting the lawn.  It comes up half cut bum bum ;D