Author Topic: Today's Target's letters page  (Read 15254 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Target's letters page
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 11:38:06 AM »
Tash and Bostonshire,

Unfortunately you are both spectacularly missing the point. More so you, Tash, because you seem to think I am ‘questioning your commitment to the club’ before reeling off your supporter’s CV. Good for you mate, it’s really impressive. Although it’s completely irrelevant as I’m not directing my comments at you personally, so I’m not sure why you’ve posted it on here. Unless you wrote that letter, in which case I am directing my comments at you - with bells on.

We are not talking about people moaning about the team, or the managers or general groaning during the match. These people are all over the ground on a match day. We are talking about a few people – and no, no-one is suggesting absolutely everyone who stands on the Townend whines about switching it to away fans - who are inexplicably obsessed with this bloody terrace and who moan at David Newton because they have to spend one afternoon (or maybe two or three depending on cups) A SEASON stood in a slightly different spot at York Street.

Boo bloody hoo. My heart bleeds for you, chaps, it really does.

Where’s the sense of perspective?? Here’s a thought. Before people start writing letters to the local paper having a pop at the club, or piping up at fans’ forums with the same old gripes, ignoring all the progress that has been made, why don’t they actually begin to appreciate what they have: a stable club, a chairman and tea-making lackey committed to restoring the name and reputation of Boston United, fantastic managers, a young, hungry team and some actual silverware in the trophy cabinet – and stuff we didn’t need to cheat the taxman to secure either.

It is incomprehensible that after the season we’ve just had, someone would sit down and write a letter to the paper bleating about the Townend issue yet again, as if Newton wasn’t already painfully aware there is a contingent of ungrateful knobbers waiting in the wings to have a moan…

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
AGREE WITH YOU!
ABOUT TIME TO PUT A STOP TO THIS POSTING PLEASE!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »
Tash and Bostonshire,

More so you, Tash, because you seem to think I am ‘questioning your commitment to the club’ before reeling off your supporter’s CV. Good for you mate, it’s really impressive.

Not only a keyboard warrior a bloody patronising one grow up a bit mate. All I am saying is you have no right to call any one who stands in a particular part of the ground total arses just because they don't agree with you. As I said I don't know what the letter said and I don't really care you will always get the odd dissenter. I Doubt that the Chairman will  be overly worried by one letter, after all this is still a free country isn't it???????????  We will just have to agree to disagree on a point of order.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »
As I see it Pete B has not called anyone in particular, and certainly not everyone who stands or sits in any particular place, any type of good or bad supporter. He is simply pointing out that there are a few in each and every part of the ground who will complain, no matter how good or bad the situation.

Anyone taking exception to that point of view must by definition be associating themselves with that minority. If it's you, then the observation is well directed; if not, why is anyone getting upset?

Time to give it a rest guys. Let's enjoy a closed season of triumph and fraternity, before the coming times of trials and tribulation, and hopefully, joy.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
Oh FFS.

There are moaning gits all over he ground, actually also at every other ground in the land, so that's a non point.  The issue that has been raised is that some tool feels annoyed that they have to move (potentially ONCE A SEASON) to a different spot in the ground.  So annoyed in fact they send a letter to the local rag - which probably gets less readers than this place - complaining about the fact to the Chairman who, along with many many others behind the scenes, has done nothing but work tirelessly for the benefit of all supporters.

Quite simply whoever this person is needs to have a word with the Kings Lynn fan who pops on here from time to time and really find out what there is to moan about.

No I'm sure the Chairman is not fussed but the fact a single person thinks this but is it not mind boggling to the rest of us?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »
Time to give it a rest guys. Let's enjoy a closed season of triumph and fraternity, before the coming times of trials and tribulation, and hopefully, joy.

Amen to that brother!!!

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 01:07:15 PM »
Agree with you MNH and yet the smaller the problem the more important it becomes to some.

My feeling is that there are more important things to maon about in the world but then again i can't see why we do have to hand over the town end in any event.  Not one team in this league will bring sufficient fans to warrant it - Telford will bring 300 probably and so can easily be accomodated in the YS stand.

I feel it is a moot point probably born out of post season pre world cup boredom on a saturday afternoon

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 01:27:47 PM »
I can't find a letter in the Target but there is one in the Standard. He wants to start a campaign on Facebook, Twitter, U-Tube and the club's website, unless he means this one.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »
Agree with you MNH and yet the smaller the problem the more important it becomes to some.

My feeling is that there are more important things to maon about in the world but then again i can't see why we do have to hand over the town end in any event.  Not one team in this league will bring sufficient fans to warrant it - Telford will bring 300 probably and so can easily be accomodated in the YS stand.

I feel it is a moot point probably born out of post season pre world cup boredom on a saturday afternoon

I think we have still got a football lge ground grading so we have to vacate that stand when the safety people say so which, most of us don't have a problem with.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 03:00:32 PM »
If the townend is so important for just one game why dont you buy a Telford shirt and stand in there.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
LOL!!!!!

timo35

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 06:54:06 PM »
If the townend is so important for just one game why dont you buy a Telford shirt and stand in there.
that is funny
how about temporary fencing strait down the middle of the stand..all happy jobs a good one.

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 09:26:18 PM »
how can a topic so pointless drag on so long  ??? yawn....

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 10:07:55 PM »
how can a topic so pointless drag on so long  ??? yawn....

As the seasons finished, with a fantastic pair of managers, squad of players, set of off field staff, happy set of supporters AND (whisper this) no impending doom from the powers that be....... WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO CARP ON ABOUT!