Author Topic: Today's Target's letters page  (Read 15290 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Target's letters page
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 10:20:26 PM »
Tash and Bostonshire,

Unfortunately you are both spectacularly missing the point. More so you, Tash, because you seem to think I am ‘questioning your commitment to the club’ before reeling off your supporter’s CV. Good for you mate, it’s really impressive. Although it’s completely irrelevant as I’m not directing my comments at you personally, so I’m not sure why you’ve posted it on here. Unless you wrote that letter, in which case I am directing my comments at you - with bells on.

We are not talking about people moaning about the team, or the managers or general groaning during the match. These people are all over the ground on a match day. We are talking about a few people – and no, no-one is suggesting absolutely everyone who stands on the Townend whines about switching it to away fans - who are inexplicably obsessed with this bloody terrace and who moan at David Newton because they have to spend one afternoon (or maybe two or three depending on cups) A SEASON stood in a slightly different spot at York Street.

Boo bloody hoo. My heart bleeds for you, chaps, it really does.

Where’s the sense of perspective?? Here’s a thought. Before people start writing letters to the local paper having a pop at the club, or piping up at fans’ forums with the same old gripes, ignoring all the progress that has been made, why don’t they actually begin to appreciate what they have: a stable club, a chairman and tea-making lackey committed to restoring the name and reputation of Boston United, fantastic managers, a young, hungry team and some actual silverware in the trophy cabinet – and stuff we didn’t need to cheat the taxman to secure either.

It is incomprehensible that after the season we’ve just had, someone would sit down and write a letter to the paper bleating about the Townend issue yet again, as if Newton wasn’t already painfully aware there is a contingent of ungrateful knobbers waiting in the wings to have a moan…

Where did i come in to this, i only wanted to know what the letter said ???

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 10:27:38 AM »
Bostonshire.... Lincolnshire.... 'tis an easy mistake to make!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 12:28:41 PM »
Santa says what about the £1 Million on the balance sheet owing to Lavaflow ..... !!

Seenbetter

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2010, 10:48:11 AM »
Well done MNH. "Have we nothing else to carp on about". Lets not miss this opportunity to change this dragged out pointless subject. Has anyone got any good ideas how to catch specimen Carp, my mate needs to know. :D