Author Topic: Today's Target's letters page  (Read 15299 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Target's letters page
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
The best atmosphere at home games is created in the Town End. Would you like it to go back being a library like it was in the last couple of Football League seasons?

As usual, a personal gripe rules the keyboard...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 08:33:36 PM »
The Town end is a factory that produces a fair number moaning arses who need to get a grip and show David Newton a bit more appreciation, respect and understanding.

It is absolutely staggering that, barely a week after promotion, a letter like that has landed on the desk of our local rags.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »
The best atmosphere at home games is created in the Town End. Would you like it to go back being a library like it was in the last couple of Football League seasons?

As usual, a personal gripe rules the keyboard...

Well I'm sure it was the self same fans who create 'the best atmosphere' who were also part of the 'library' during the Football League days....... so whats changed, apart from where they stand? Why, if they wanted to be behind a goal did they not go up the York St end and make some noise?

Or would it be cynical to suggest that end's not next to the visiting fans.......

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 08:44:52 PM »
Neither the York Street end or Spayne Road are anywhere near as good as the Town End for creating noise, even with little numbers. FYI I've watched games for considerable periods in all 4 stands, and feel most comfortable in the Town End, mainly because of the great view.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 09:29:47 PM »
Pete

I think it's fair to say there are moaning cnuts in all parts of the ground, just sit in the main stand for a game if you don't believe me  ;)

There are plenty of people who whinge about prices, not spending enough on players etc. etc. as I say from every side of the ground. Why single a whole section of the fans based on 1 letter to a third rate paper ???

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 09:35:50 PM »
The Town end is a factory that produces a fair number moaning arses who need to get a grip and show David Newton a bit more appreciation, respect and understanding.

It is absolutely staggering that, barely a week after promotion, a letter like that has landed on the desk of our local rags.

As a fifty six year old Grandad who thinks that the townend is the best view in the stadium I find your comments very offensive.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 09:39:01 PM »
'Kin 'Ell Tash, are you really 56.....? :o

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 09:41:29 PM »
Pete

I think it's fair to say there are moaning cnuts in all parts of the ground, just sit in the main stand for a game if you don't believe me  ;)

You mean to tell me I'm going to be surrounded by them in the seats next season too? :o

And I thought the Main Stand dwellers were all Happy Clappers........ ::) ;)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 09:49:45 PM »
Pete

You mean to tell me I'm going to be surrounded by them in the seats next season too? :o

Afraid so, Rob Scott has had several altercations  ;) with some of the worse culprits. Geeze some where still moaning and groaning around me against FCUM and again against NFU in the play-offs after the season we'd had. No pleasing some folk.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
'Kin 'Ell Tash, are you really 56.....? :o

56 this coming Monday Andy. Do you know if goodbarns still do the freebie for birthday boys and girls?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 10:44:44 PM »
I've not been in there for ages but my mate tells me they still do, you just need a proof of age and identity.......I take it your birth certificate is written on papyrus.....? ;)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 10:45:32 PM »

As a fifty six year old Grandad who thinks that the townend is the best view in the stadium I find your comments very offensive.

So, you agree with the letter writer, tash? In which case, be offended if you like.

Or, you don't, and realise that Mr Newton has more pressing concerns than placating a whiny, vocal minority of fans bleating because they are asked to vacate a stand once a season. In which case, I am at a loss as to why you are offended.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 09:08:39 AM »

So, you agree with the letter writer, tash? In which case, be offended if you like.

Or, you don't,and realise that Mr Newton has more pressing concerns than placating a whiny, vocal minority of fans bleating because they are asked to vacate a stand once a season. In which case, I am at a loss as to why you are offended.

For your information  I havn't seen the letter I am responding to your comments about a fair number of  townenders being moaning arses. I have supported BUFC for more years than I care to remember, I am a season ticket holder and have been in the Alphabet lotto and now the super draw so please don't question my commitment to the club and in particular David & Neil for all they have done for us. The trouble with keyboard warriors is they usually engage keyboard before brain, just ask your old mate Santa.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 09:11:46 AM »
I've not been in there for ages but my mate tells me they still do, you just need a proof of age and identity.......I take it your birth certificate is written on papyrus.....? ;)

Not quite Andy but I am am sure it was written with a quill pen. If your in their on Monday I'll  let you buy me a pint.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »
Is anyone going to post this piece of groundbreaking journalism on here for us to see ?

It's irrelevant where supporters stand, so long as you turn up and pay, cheer the lads on. Whether your support is 1 or 100 decibles loud is also irrelevant. So long as your support has a positive message, the players will react in a positive way on the pitch in theory. However if all you shout is negative and counter productive comments towards the players and staff, this is going to effect them in doing their jobs. If we were to drag these so called fans and sit them in the dressing room and let them be on the recieving end of these pathetic rants, I think they'd be rather upset themselves. Moaners are in ALL the areas of the ground, not just the town end.
Pete - for you to label the town end as a factory for moaners is just rediculous, theres some bloody good loyal fans in there who support the team in a fantastic manor. Dont label people all the same.
Where ever people watch the game from, please just engage your brain before shouting whatever it is your bout to say. Your comments can have a serious inpact on the players and staff at the club.