Author Topic: New Seasons Shirts  (Read 16829 times)

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
Re: New Seasons Shirts
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2010, 09:08:28 AM »
It's a real shame we have to lose the kit we've had for the last season, in my opinion the best we've had in years. As we have to change i would rather go more "Dundee Utd" orange than BGS yellow. We did play at Wembley in a orange ish kit and also in 1987 under Ray O Brian. I'll probably buy the bloody thing regardless, although i hated the kit we had when we first entered the football league, that all gold kit with Oldrids on the front. If we're going totally retro then why not reintroduce the Paul Casey "hotpants", they really were very 80's, how did he get them up so high??

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2010, 11:48:44 AM »
It takes some believing that you cant get Amber. I do like this seasons shirts and thought you had to retain them for 2 years. I know that the shirt sponser is to change but i remember 1 season where we had 3 differant sponsers on the front of the same shirt. If we are to change please have a coller with boston united fc on and The Pilgrims on the bottom like the last stripped shirts we had. I thought they were great shirts. ;)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2010, 02:17:56 PM »
Out of the 2 the yellow is the best but don't think much to either, pinstripes makes them both look worse. Traditionally in the 80's & 90's we always had a similar colour to Wolves, as testified by people without much non-league knowledge always saying to me "that looks like a Wolves shirt from a distance"  :D

So something along these lines would be great:

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2010, 02:28:15 PM »
I liked this seasons kit,one of the best we've had for a while.The stripes MUST stay.!!
I can't believe there isn't a kit supplier out there somewhere who can't provide something similar.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2010, 07:01:31 PM »
If the current supplier can't supply look around for one that can.

Are we locked in some contract with this lot?

If not, tell them to find what we want or we take our considerable business elsewhere.

When we're buying containers of goods if the supplier doesn't have what we want we go to another who will do what we want. Its the same principle with the shirt......we play in amber, not orange or yellow. The club should demand this, not be fobbed off by some marketing exec who's probably got a load of material in yellow or orange.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »
Seams we are looking at the Nike brochure check out page 20.  Personally page 18 has a nice acceptable one if it has to be Nike.

http://www.pinnaclesportandleisure.co.uk/nikekits.pdf

adidas range is quite good couple of decent of the peg ones there
http://www.pinnaclesportandleisure.co.uk/adidaskits.pdf page 3 or 12

or mitre page 7 /8/10?

http://www.pinnaclesportandleisure.co.uk/mitrekits.pdf

or Stanno there's a couple of decent ones.

http://www.pinnaclesportandleisure.co.uk/stannokits.pdf

All available from a sports shop around the corner from me, there is Hummel as well but I personally don't like their sleeves

http://www.pinnaclesportandleisure.co.uk/hummellkits.pdf
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:38:54 PM by Sussex Pilgrim »

Seenbetter

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2010, 12:24:20 PM »
I like orange, nice and bright. The only problem I see will be visiting supporters taking the *iss by shouting "You've been Tangoed".
There is something to be said for shopping round the suppliers. Why should they dictate the colour our wonderful team wear.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2010, 02:14:01 PM »
I like orange, nice and bright. The only problem I see will be visiting supporters taking the *iss by shouting "You've been Tangoed".
There is something to be said for shopping round the suppliers. Why should they dictate the colour our wonderful team wear.

what visiting supportors ? only telford will bring enough for banter i'd have thought

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2010, 02:41:08 PM »

what visiting supportors ? only telford will bring enough for banter i'd have thought

Eastwood beaught a good 7 fans here to be fair....

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »
Those Hummel ones are ace, well retro.

I'm not too bothered about stripes either way and to be honest Orange is better than yellow if it can't be our original colour.

Love the Gold and Black Nike kit on page 15. That would be top draw if a little away from tradition.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.