Author Topic: Farsley Celtic  (Read 8512 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Farsley Celtic
« on: July 06, 2009, 09:05:15 AM »
I see Farsley Celtic have been kicked out the Conference after going into administration.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8132775.stm

They now have nowhere to play. But the Unibond Premier is a team short after the Newcastle Blue Star fiasco and the fixtures aren't out yet, so wouldn't it be sensible to just let Farsley fill the gap in the Unibond Premier? Or is that just too sensible?  :o

It would be nice for me - another very easy trip from Leeds!

Dave H

• View Profile
Re: Farsley Celtic
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:30:25 AM »
Unfortunately you are applying commonsense and logic to solve the problem. The Conference, Unibond and FA never seem to base their decisions on any of these factors! I should say by the time Farsley have had their appeal our fixtures will be published, though it would make sense to put them in our league.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 04:42:58 PM »

no surely logic will prevail and they will be put in the unibond

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 04:54:06 PM »
....logic?

If it happened, then Halifax Town would have a bit of a case?  How about sticking Farsley in division 1 and bringing Cammell Laird back?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:47 PM »
Well if they did go into the Unibond all the fixtures would be fudged up so they will have to re-do them so they will be delayed.

Also, there will be no AGM so how will they be accepted? Who knows?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »
Well if they did go into the Unibond all the fixtures would be fudged up so they will have to re-do them so they will be delayed.

Also, there will be no AGM so how will they be accepted? Who knows?

There as already been a responce on this issue.

Farsley will NOT be in the the unidump, as said earlier commen sence dont apply to the FA/CONFRENCE/UNIBOND.

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »
Agreed - bring back the Lairds, their supporters were good value on the last day of the season, and at least it gives us a better chance of 6 points.. wouldn't fancy playing farsley if they hold on to the players they've signed so far this pre-season.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 06:30:16 AM »

I haven't posted on here for a while, but the manner in which Football's governing bodies - particularly in Non-League - are treating some of their clubs really is appalling...

... Ourselves last season

... Halifax Town

... Nuneaton

... Luton Town

... King's Lynn

... Cammell Laird

... Gloucester City

... Northwich Victoria

... and now Farsley Celtic

and I'm sure I must have missed some other teams out. Is there any chance of the chairmen of the majority of non-league clubs coming together and issuing a vote of no confidence in those who administer our sport?

Luton aside, a ten point deduction is generally considered good enough for any Premiership or Championship sides that break the rules. Why can't the same apply in non-league? The leagues' insistence on forcing clubs to play in lower and lower leagues (leaving odd numbers of teams in some competitions) is purely and simply showing a total disregard to the supporters who follow those teams.

Sorry if this has turned into a rant.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 07:47:55 AM »
Or look at it the other way round, If the top two divisions treated teams in much the same way, then maybe as big clubs tumble through the leagues due to the stupid debts they are building up, they would start to realise how eliteist they have all been and start to return the funds to the lower leagues.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 07:57:58 AM »
Back to the FA again----------Great. It's full of folks who want to feel important by throwing their weight about and crushing the minnows. They seem to have little understanding of the lower leagues and like to attack the defenceless. They don't seem to throw that weight around so much at league sides, probably because they are in a better position to fight back.
Shame about Farsley cos their handful of supporters at our game certainly brought a smile to my face.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »
It's been announced today that Farsley Celtic WILL be allowed to take their place in BSN next season,following the Conference seeking "legal clarification" regarding the infamous Appendix E.That's two demotions they've had to backtrack on where they tried to impliment the same "rule" they used to demote us..............

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 01:33:28 PM »
It's been announced today that Farsley Celtic WILL be allowed to take their place in BSN next season,following the Conference seeking "legal clarification" regarding the infamous Appendix E.That's two demotions they've had to backtrack on where they tried to impliment the same "rule" they used to demote us..............

I smell compo, go get em Dave!
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »
Yeah with the first one I was pretty 'ah well, shit happens' but to continue to reprieve teams when our case was turned away seems to smack of a vendetta.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 11:33:34 PM »
Shame about Farsley cos their handful of supporters at our game certainly brought a smile to my face.

Unibond League Cup 1997?

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »

I smell compo, go get em Dave!
bloody hell talk about red rag to a bull,surely some thing has to be done about this
"till saturday comes"