Author Topic: Conf North Forum  (Read 4626 times)

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Conf North Forum
« on: May 05, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
Any good ones?

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Conf North Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 06:28:02 PM »
http://www.nonleagueforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?id=2

Bit more lively then the unibond one

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »
I'm changing nothing until it's confirmed what league we're playing in next season!

On past form Boston United could be put anywhere from the Conference North to the Zamoretto Division One South & West.   :-\

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 07:07:57 AM »

I've had a look at the official "Blue Square" website a few minutes ago, and am not immediately impressed. Take a look at the end-of-season league table...

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/tables/default.asp?lid=8

According to this...

(i) One-third of the teams involved didn't play a league fixture during the season.

(ii) Southport were promoted, despite finishing in the bottom three and not playing a game.

(iii) Corby won the title but didn't gain promotion or take part in the play-offs.

(iv) Gainsborough secured an average of 1.8 points per away supporter.

For all its criticisms around administration (the Nantwich fiasco, etc), the Unibond League at least kept a fairly decent official website. Surely we should expect something at least as good as we move up the pyramid?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:26:36 PM »
I'm changing nothing until it's confirmed what league we're playing in next season!

On past form Boston United could be put anywhere from the Conference North to the Zamoretto Division One South & West.   :-\
Listening to Rob Scott's interview he also thinks like this.

As long as we go up to step 2 there is no way we'll go South as there have been 5 go out of BSN namely Southport, the winners of Alfreton/Fleetwood, Harrogate, Vauxhall Motors and Farseley Celtic (bust). Only 3 have replaced them, Guiseley, Us and Nuneaton leaving 2 short.

With Chester going bust and Grays taking voluntary demotion to the Ryman that leaves a shortfall of 2 clubs at step 2 (BSS & BSN) as a whole. The smart money is on Worcester and Vauxhall Motors getting reprieved as the highest placed relegated clubs. VM would take 1 BSN place but that still leaves us 1 short, this will be between Worcester and Forest Green as the most Northernly BSS clubs. Worcester are most Northernly but they had a caveat placed when they moved South that they would not be moved back North for 3 seasons so I'd guess Forest Green will be the other club. Hope everyone's followed that  ;D

Of course the Conference may make up a new rule to stop us being promoted, like any club from Lincolnshire playing in black and amber stripes not being eligible  ::) If this was the case there is a good chance we would be placed in the Zamerretto but I'm sure they realise they have punished us enough now.

Loosely related on the same interview RS said that the atmosphere was different on Saturday to the Saturday game at Marine, it being a more relaxed and less pressure, don't know about anyone else but I agree. There was no expectancy from the crowd and I personally think this helped the team to the win. More of the same for next season, i.e. no expectancy will take the pressure off the lads.

He also said he isn't sure what the reaction of the crowd would have been to the players had we lost, can't speak for anyone else but I would have applauded a great season win or lose Saturday. I would imagine the majority would have although there's always some that are willing to get on the players/managements back. Let's hope that minority give them time to adapt to the new level next season.