Author Topic: shirts  (Read 6323 times)

bb1

shirts
« on: May 03, 2010, 03:14:57 PM »
The summer will soon pass with the world cup to keep us all occupied and then i for one will look forward to treating myself to a season ticket and a new Boston shirt my own preference is stripes so here's hoping. By the way do wish that we don't get another ref this season like the one at Matlock with his 54 whistle blows only down side on an otherwise brill season.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: shirts
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:32:38 PM »
Personally I don't think the club should  change the sponsor/shirt next season as we have only had the current one (which is much better than the yellow of last year) this season. They are £35 a go which is alot of money. I didn't get mine until December and others didn't get theres much sooner as they were weren't available at the beginning of the season because of supplier issues.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 04:25:34 PM »
Personally I don't think the club should  change the sponsor/shirt next season as we have only had the current one (which is much better than the yellow of last year) this season. They are £35 a go which is alot of money. I didn't get mine until December and others didn't get theres much sooner as they were weren't available at the beginning of the season because of supplier issues.

Don't think they have an option to keep sponsor as Cropleys have already pulled out!

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 04:39:55 PM »

Don't think they have an option to keep sponsor as Cropleys have already pulled out!

Think Cropley's deal ended rather than they pulled out early. Either way, hopefully the promotion will allow us to get better money from a sponsor!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 05:02:24 PM »
Don't mean to put a downer on a fantastic job everyone connected with the club is doing but I feel the fans are getting a bad deal with this. As I said earlier the shirts weren't even available at the beginning of the season, with previous shirts we have been able to get them pre-season. The club obviously knew the deal with Cropleys ended this season and should have either used last years shirts for an extra season or made the situation clear to the fans when they bought  them.

Whilst I do not begrudge the club making money I feel this is very harsh on the fans and that the club should offer the new shirt (is the design to change to?) to fans who bought the current one at cost price which would be easy to prove.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:31:54 PM by Carl Newell »

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 06:36:56 PM »
To me the choice is very simple. If the club brings out a new shirt and you want one then you buy it. If you cannot afford it or are not particularly bothered you wear last seasons shirt.

I got my shirt for Xmas, prior to that I wore the previous seasons shirt. No one looked down on me and at every match you will see a variety of shirts being worn, some at least 6 years old.

If the club was bring out 3 strips a year to try and take advantage of the fans I would object. As it is a new shirt for a new sponsor sounds pretty fair to me.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 06:46:01 PM »
It wasnt that long ago when we had a special shirt just to be worn in FA Cup games! Think we lost away at Bournemouth in the first round.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 07:33:42 PM »
Did I need see recently that Vandenal have gone into Admin?  I'm guessing its not going to be a choice for the club and they will have to find another supplier.  

As mentioned above though if another is out then buy it if you want and don't if you don't, hardly a big issue.

Edit - not gone into Admin but pulling out of deals...

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wigan-end-vandanel-shirt-deal_6831

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/latics_move_to_reassure_fans_over_club_shop_1_750530
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:43:13 PM by Mickey Nuttells Hair »

palada

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »
I personally don't have an issue with shirts. The club need to make it pay and if a new sponser steps in, new shirts will be needed. Agree with Adam & Chris47,  buy one if you can, wear an old one if you can't. I wear an ex players shirt from our conference days, so not a problem for me.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
As far as I am aware all of the match worns shirts from this season will be auctioned off for the Save the Pilgrims fund.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 08:18:58 PM »
Some teams change their strips every season regardless whether or not they've changed sponsor so all in all we're better off than fans of other clubs.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »
As far as I am aware all of the match worns shirts from this season will be auctioned off for the Save the Pilgrims fund.

Don't they go to the sponsors?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »
Im not fussed really, if i can afford it and its a nice shirt il buy it if not il just stick with this seasons

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 09:34:26 PM »
It wasnt that long ago when we had a special shirt just to be worn in FA Cup games! Think we lost away at Bournemouth in the first round.
That was actually a one off as we couldn't wear our home shirt (due to the BLACK and amber hoops) or away shirt (RED), with Bournemouth playing in red and black...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 08:07:20 AM »
Shirts do go to sponsors ......