Author Topic: Massive congratulations from the Millers  (Read 1767 times)

sefmiller

• View Profile
Massive congratulations from the Millers
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:29:27 PM »
I'm sure I speak for most Rotherham fans in expressing my absolute and utter delight at yesterday's result (not our miserable, wet 0-0 btw). Glad to see Newsham banging them in. At one stage he looked like he had a real future with us after a promising spell in League 1. Unfortunately he could not hack the physical requirements of League 2 and by the time he left the club his confidence was shot. As for Yates, he never really looked overly talented, most probably due to being out of his depth. Reading match reports and fluttering on here every now and then he appears to have done ok. As for Scott and Hurst, it appears they have got yourselves promoted playing the right brand of football and 2 promotions in 2 seasons is an excellent start to their dwindling managerial career(s?). They've popped down to Don Valley once or twice and though I have never got to chat to them, they appear very approachable, well-spoken and afford time to speak to supporters.

Always enjoyed going to York Street. Here's hoping you've well and truly put the dark days to rest. After all, whatever the level,  2 cup successes and a promotion to boot must have been a hell of a lot of fun!

for further congratulations see

edit. shit wrong link. what a div. http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121770884
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:35:00 PM by sefmiller »

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Massive congratulations from the Millers
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:36:26 PM »
Thanks for that, much appreciated!

Funnily enough I've been given a Millers book this week, 'Millmoor Personalities' which is a great read and interesting for myself as my Grandad's brother played for Rotherham before and after the war and it seems is held in high esteem in that part of the world according to this book.

Fingers crossed for you making the play offs and giving W*dnesday 2 good hidings next season, what a fecking weekend, BUFC promoted and The Pigs relegated, money can't buy these kind of highs!!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:38:22 PM by noughtyforties »